close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IF you only had one lure

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RWBlue, May 29, 2005.

1. IF you only had one lure, what would it be?

I am just building my tackle box, so what do I need for the all around occations.

2. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

you have to be patient but you will catch something on i have found. so my one lure of choice would be a jig and pig.

BMF

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

1/8 oz leadhead jig with a white 3-inch curly tail grub.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Definately a Berkley Tournament Strength PowerBait 7" ribbon tail worm, in June Bug color. Texas rig that with a bullet weight on a EWG 2/0 hook, can't go wrong with bass during most times. Green Pumpkin color is a close second.

5. gofish

gofish claude

Definitely some Yamamoto senkos or kinami flash plastics in june bug, motor oil and pumpkinseed paired with a 3/0 4/0 or 5/0 gamakatsu or owner hook.These are my comfort baits, heck, sometimes i'll eat em myself, they are goooooooooooodddd......... Happy fishin'

6. I'm with Flathunter on this one.
    1/8 oz jig ---- make mine a Fuzzy grub

7. catking

catking Banned

If you are just building now, heres my suggestions : Jigs of various weights with a few small packs of black, white & chartruse twistertails.... .. Shallow running shad rap and a deep running shad rap..... one 4" floating rapala ..... Black and purple 7" rubber nightcrawlers for those slow summer days & a few split shots & worm hooks .... A couple nice white & black spinner baits............That is some basic fish killers for Bass, crappie , gills and saugeyes..... THE CATKING

8. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

3/8 oz. White and Chartruse spinner bait, covers alot of water.

9. Tubes tubes and more tubes...in any watermellon pumpking greenish brown shade there is.

Floating and husky jerk rapalas in any size.

And since I fish alot of rivers, rooster tails in dark colors, with gold blades.

10. roostertails!!!!!! white And Yellow Are The Best Colors 1/16 And 1/8 Oz.

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

this is easy, a floating rapala, 3 or 4in model, it will catch any species that swims. It will be effective much earlier than soft plastics (ice out). and you can fish it in numerous different retrieves. i always use mine with a dual lock snap.

12. OH the secrets are comeing out now!!

Buy some strikeking spinner baits,white and pink. Its gold my friend GOLD!!

13. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Zoom's Baby Brush Hog :B

14. catking

catking Banned

Forgot about the brush hogs.... Great bass bait..... ~**~

15. jwg299

jwg299 jusluv2fish

well it all depends on what type of fish your talking about, for me when it comes to largemouth bass give me any soft plastic with a bullet weight matched with an offset EWG hook, smallmouth- give me a hair jig, walleye- ill take a jig and twister tail, crappie- ill take a #5 husky jerk or a small countdown, bluegills- a 1 inch beattle spin.

16. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I'm forever a changed man after yesterday. SPINNERBAITS!!!

17. Gold and Black Roostertails for me. I've caught everything from bluegills to King Salmon on them.

18. For pond and other shallow waters, Zoom 6 inch lizard in watermellon seed or Bass Pro Shops 6 inch red and watermellon seed lizard. Texas rig it with 1/16 or 1/8 at heaviest for deeper parts and work it along bottom. Lizard does good for me spring clear through fall.
    Small rapalas are also good all around lure, can catch lots of different fish on them.

19. If I only had one lure, I would go buy more lures.
    1. Fat Freee Shad and Bomber Model A crankbait
    2. Rattlin Rap
    3. Senko with 3/8 weight and rattle
    4. Spinnerbait
    5. Buzzbait
    6. Ambassadeur Tormentor

20. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I,d have to go with C4 :rolleyes: Later,Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015