Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread with a nice lite non adversarial topic. In Ohio if you could own one lake and keep it at its highest level which one?? I am only familiar with northeast district 3, so it would be Berlin, deep water in the lower part, lots of shoreline, and shoreline cover, walleye, bass, crappie, some muskie, and believe it or not, even a trout or two. Be nice if you could remove all the causeways to. [Although, back in the late 60's thru the 70's there use to be wayyyyyyyy more submerged willows.] second choice would be West Branch....muskiessssss, and I would continue the striper program.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,005 Posts
I think I'd go with Clear Fork Res. I'm on a limb because I've never fished it, but it looks beautiful and the water coming out of it holds trout.
Rickerd

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Erie . Has everything . But I guess since it covers multiple states and Canada that's not a option.

I'd say Leesville then I guess

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mogadore, nice lake, has some trophies already, got to learn how to entice and crank them out of that HEAAAAVY salad. Never had the patience for that heavy grass.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well I do own a lot along with all you other yahoos but Erie is probably my favorite in my portfolio. Pymy is second but big water spoils you.

And don't forget we have little coolwater reproduction naturally outside of Erie, so under this hypothetical unless you want to run a hatchery I hope you like fishing for ditch pickles and whisker doos.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd have to go with Atwood. I have so many memories fishing that lake with my Grandpa. He was a legend down there when it came to Saugeye fishing. Used nothing but a crawler and maby some whistler jigs, but would tear em up every time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought I would start a thread with a nice lite non adversarial topic. In Ohio if you could own one lake and keep it at its highest level which one?? I am only familiar with northeast district 3, so it would be Berlin, deep water in the lower part, lots of shoreline, and shoreline cover, walleye, bass, crappie, some muskie, and believe it or not, even a trout or two. Be nice if you could remove all the causeways to. [Although, back in the late 60's thru the 70's there use to be wayyyyyyyy more submerged willows.] second choice would be West Branch....muskiessssss, and I would continue the striper program.
Pymatuning. A lot of choices, when one species is turned off, others are on fire. Great perch, Crappie and Walleye. Always :snag" a Muskie or 2 as well.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Erie!! But inland would be Saltfotk hands down! Been fishing it since 1974 , still my favorite south of Erie

1 - 20 of 61 Posts