Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Just practicing my cast
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If ogf was a fishing show what type of show do you see it being like? As for me I would like to think it something like Al Linder the angling edge.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If OGF was a fishing show, it would be just like the ones out there now. A show about Chevy Trucks , pulling boats from South Shore Marine, meeting up with employees from Cowboy Charters, trolling Big Joshy Swimbaits, with 1 second about actual helpful fishing.

·
Fish On!
411 Posts
just by reading the Lounge threads I'd say "As the Reel Turns" ... or "Young and the Hopeless"

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
It would open with a snippet of a guy holding a big smallmouth on a small river and they would say something like on todays show we will be fishing the big darby creek south of town x for giant smallmouth bass. Then the rest of the show they would just read viewer emails complaining about showing their spot and criticizing how big their smallmouth REALLY was!

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
I would think it would be more like a combination of Duck Dynasty and Orange County Choppers with a little bit of Survivor angst.

·
Registered
16,661 Posts

·
Fish On!
411 Posts
It would open with a snippet of a guy holding a big smallmouth on a small river and they would say something like on todays show we will be fishing the big darby creek south of town x for giant smallmouth bass. Then the rest of the show they would just read viewer emails complaining about showing their spot and criticizing how big their smallmouth REALLY was!
Props to you cause that my friend is really funny. Nice work.:)

·
Fish On!
411 Posts
hmmm now we have to pick an OGF member to host... now who should that be and why...

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,161 Posts
There'd be enough material for a gag reel for sure, including me falling into the Mad River a week before Christmas...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Fish On!
411 Posts
I would like to offer my services by doing the segments about the benefits of the ogf search feature, what not to ask fellow members and a quick commentary called "Deal or No Deal" where I critique a current Marketplace listing.. Muhahaha!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Lol Josh thanks for the compliment i try to keep that dvd locked up in a safe so it is not seen by the public. It was to be called The Average Joe Fishing show but it could be the Average OGF fishing show with multiple common folk fishermen sharing pictures of fish in grass and sketch diagrams of kind of the vicinity of where you might catch the fish. :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Lol Josh thanks for the compliment i try to keep that dvd locked up in a safe so it is not seen by the public. It was to be called The Average Joe Fishing show but it could be the Average OGF fishing show with multiple common folk fishermen sharing pictures of fish in grass and sketch diagrams of kind of the vicinity of where you might catch the fish. :)
and catching em on stryofoam...right boss?

·
Registered
93 Posts
There would have to be a tackle segment where someone tells you how much better his $40 fly rod is than a $500 Sage or Orvis. Or how he can tie wolly buggers on his $20 vice, therefore there is no reason to buy anything better.

·
Set The Hook`
4,214 Posts
We would definitely need a segment based on just making fun of a random post of the week.....or the biggest BS for size of fish........call that segment "Keeping it Reel".......seen a few 3-4lb largies being called 6-8lbs...LOL

I think we could make this work lol.....put in on sports time ohio....guest co hosts each show....have Chevy sponsor it and other current OGF sponsors....would actually be a great idea....explore different waters for different species each week.....we need to make this happen lol.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If OGF was a fishing show, it would be just like the ones out there now. A show about Chevy Trucks , pulling boats from South Shore Marine, meeting up with employees from Cowboy Charters, trolling Big Joshy Swimbaits, with 1 second about actual helpful fishing.
This sounds about right. About like watching Flying Lure or Banjo Minnow infomercials.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm thinking that it would be about getting a limit of fish Ohio saugeyes on Alum Creek. By the end of the show the fishermen would have caught only half of their limit, and if you pay close attention at the end, you'd notice that there were leaves on the trees when the show started, and there weren't any when it ended. If you look at the shoreline at the end it would be 2 feet lower than it was when the show started.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts