close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

if i went to greenlawn today would it be good

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by goodatfishing1234, Jun 5, 2007.

1. if i went down to greenlawn today would it be good or to high and can i still catch if it is high

2. ::Looks into crystal ball::

3. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

yes...no....maybe...

are you fishin for dinneR?

better luck goin to T-Bell....
    probably safer too

4. Water was up yesterday but fishable. We got more rain last night so its hard to tell how much is coming over. The height of the water before the rain the last few days was around 5.5 feet but its up to 7.5 feet and the flow has changed from around 400-500 FPS to 1380 FPS. These measurements are at the water treatment plant on Jackson Pike about 3 miles down river but they are a good indicator.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/rt

Jake

5. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

lol Justin. you really gotta post threads after you take a minute and think. nobody knows if you will catch something. you have to: 1.) either take the risk, drive out there and give it a shot using your knowledge on fish during high chocolate milky water, or 2.) you can go to the USGS site, like buckeyefishingnut suggested and read the water level/flow gauges and guess what it will look like based on that. you have to rely on yourself and your ability to fish with trial and error on different baits and techniques. yes, the river is high, and no, you cannot wade out there safely, but you can still catch fish. its all about your choice in bait, and your presentation. some men/women on here can help you to an extent but its mostly gonna be on your own time, knowledge and ability. us fisherman cannot see into the future..:)

Good luck.

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

give it a shot. and ya can catch fish if the water if high.

7. Where are you guys parking when you fish there?

8. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

just beware.. a lot of the fishing is on those cement slopes... which = slippery in ever a light rain. and its suppose to rain tongiht....

also note, a lot of the good spots involve walkin through the woods to get to, and once again... if theres even a little rain, things in there might be a little slippery too.... best of luck at the pickel park

9. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

hahaha pickle park. nice, nice. too bad ive never seen any activity with the....picklers...on the greenlawn ave side. and its easier to see your car if you get a 'lawn' parking spot;) . as for the fishing. gauges are reading 2 ft higher than it was before the rain, and 1200 cubic ft per second faster. YIKES. those saugeuyes are trying to find the deepest, semi-slack water they can so they dont get washed down to the ohio river. i would recommend using a 1/8th oz or maybe 1/4oz jig w/ a white,chart., or pearl
    (3"-4")twister tail. OR, a H12-H14 Husky jerk/Super Rogue casted upstream and steadily cranked through the chocolate milk. maybe a pond or lake would be an anglers best bet on a day like today...hmmm :rolleyes:

10. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Just like mentioned before you can't wait till you see good reports on a internet forum to go fishing. The guys that posted those reports didn't wait to hear anything, they took the chance. Also just because theyre supposed to be hitting on a certain lure doesn't mean anything if you're just going thru the motions with it. Not to preach to you or anyone else but you have to take a chance and try some stuff.

Fishing is like a big puzzle. You can almost always put together some fish if you just go thru your program or lure selection and draw on previous knowledge or experience. If you don't have much knowledge or experience then you have to get out there and get some, you can' just ask for it.

Reading the forums most certainly will make you a better angler though. Personally i've learned a ton about fishing on Erie from just reading the forums and doing searches. Not to mention getting out there 4 times already this year and gaining some experience. I got to come home with my limit all 4 times too:) , that wouldn't have happened IMO if I hadn't gleamed some of the sage advice from the Erie forum. Hooking up with some great anglers on the big pond helped too;) . I'm doing alot better now then when I used to go on the headboats.

11. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Justin man....you're killing me! I thought you were better than this!