close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Idk know about you but......

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walleye_man, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Idk know about you but Im so ready for it to be spring time
    and get some walleyes in that muddy maumee!
    Just thought I would let everyone know.

2. I haven't done that in years!!!

3 or 4 fish, whatever it is now, isn't worth the 2-1/2 hour drive for me, I just stay at Indian and catch my 6 saugs and then hit the crappie

3. While I REALLY look forward to the Maumee every spring don't rush things!!! I want to pull some through the ice on Erie 1st!!!

As far as the drive I think it would be worth it if you come at the right time. The limit was 4 last year and I believe it will be the same this year.

4. OH YEA! There's nothing like throwing a 1/2 ounce of lead and fishing elbow to elbow with 3000 other people! :D

5. more than a little slow here.

you guys trying to tell me its time to winterize my rig?

I hate it when that happens.

6. Swantucky, lets get together this year and hit the ice, just bought my new ice sled and rigging it up, thinking about going up to cabelas and picking up the vexilar unit.
    Maumee river is just around the corner, always the best fishing, nothing like standing there with a bunch of friends and CATCHING them cridders.
    For all that dont know swantucky, he is the most walleye catching SOB in the river, great person and will help you with any questions you have about the river.

7. FISHONAJ

FISHONAJ wishin i was fishin

Kinda early for a Maumee river post, the run is MONTHS away. Like others said ~ hard water season should be upon us soon, or drive East and chase silver bullets :D

AJ

8. I know its early to be taking about the run but...
    I dont have the money to be hard water fishing :(
    maybe I will next year......
    so I just have to look forward to what I can do lol

9. Thanks for the kind words Tim!!:)

I am ready for the ice!! If you have the $$$ get the Vexilar you will not be sorry. I would rather forget my beer than my Vex.

10. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

We'll have a few get togethers on the ice if the weather cooperates. I doubt anyone here would mind sharing their shanty with you. If you want to ice it, and we're all goin out, just ask. I'm sure we'll be able to accomodate you. (Watch for the Presque threads. That's the place to get your feet wet!! No pun intended.)

11. In my book, its never too early to be talking about the run.
    Once the ice moves out, I'll be there going after those early season trophies.

12. FISHONAJ

FISHONAJ wishin i was fishin

Walleye_man ~ i hear ya on not having any extra money with the holidays :D but when i first started hard water fishing i used/adapted my regular gear and was still sucessfull.

Obviously you'll need to do some planning, but it can be done. Do you have access to an auger? First step is getting threw the ice to the fish. The second thing i can't stress enough is waterproof boots.

I have a 2 man shantie and your welcome to fish with me if we get safe ice and are off the same days. Watch for posts and PM me when your free. How far away is Indian lake from were you live? ( it's usually the first place to have safe ice )

AJ

13. I leave that to the people that don't know any better. Plenty of great spots to fish that are less crowded. Floating heads are the way to go nowadays if you wanna catch good numbers of fish. I live in Mt. Cory, I invite you to come up there when the fish are in and I'll show you;)

14. Yea I dont have an auger lol
    I will just get a hammer and start chipping at the ice lol
    I live In maumee and honestly I dont know where Indian Lake is.
    Thanks for all the offers for the ice fishing guys.