Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put my first walleye in my new/old boat. I'm new at this so any good Info on where I can find a few of these bad boys. I will be running dipsys and suggestions on depth and what's behind them welcome???
Thanks guys. Had no luck today in the skinny out of Lorain....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would run strictly sooons so you don't have to mess with . Phantom, monkey puke, blueberry muffin and pink panties. Then go from there. Just my opinion on colors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
pm sent on gps lines. we used all harnesses behind our divers and fished mostly 55 ft down. nuclear green, salamander, and eye candy was our best colors. but its been a couple of weeks since we were there and things might have changed. but meat behind divers is always a good bet.

im sure others will chime in as to where to start looking for fish and whats working now.
sherman

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,126 Posts
we threw everything at them today - spoons, steel, sticks - got lots of trash until about noon when switched to TT50 with wormharnesses. the right distances were 175-200 back and 1.7mph. 72fow north of Ashtabula. not exactly sure what that depth it is running (i estimate 60' from the lure-jenson jet diver charts) at -- when i have a program set on right/left sides, i will then put out a "prospecting" line behind the boat that runs much deeper than the others. that one hit consistently as i walked back the distance and then put that setup onto the boards.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same problem today I was very unsure on how deep I was running. All in all it was a great day to be on the water. I had the most luck on a zero dipsy 150 back with pink on pink crawler harness. I tried to match it with other dipsys wish not near the luck....I don't know why but that one rod out fished the whole boat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts