close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ideas, suggestions for a fun week end

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodysoutdoors, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ok guys/gals. I need some suggestions. The last week end of June we will be "kid free". We'll have fri night all day sat and some of sunday free to do or go anywhere we want. Seeing as how Woody and I have only been married 1 year and he's been sooo good to me and my 3 children I want to do something nice for him. He loves to fish and camp, etc. any suggestions of where we can go? are there any special places? or anything going on that week end? Thanks!

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Take him up north, the walleye bite has been excellent in the lake - maybe do some charter fishing. Campgrounds everywhere around here... East Harbor State Park, all kinds of privately owned ones as well. Spend a day over at Cedar Point... Also there's south bass island (Put N Bay) could do a day over there sight seeing, wine tasting, fishing, drinking, shopping, can pick up the jet express in port clinton or miller ferry (want to take vehicle) in catawba.

I dunno, theres some ideas though, have fun wherever you do end up!

3. I have always wanted to go to put n bay. TY for the suggestions.

4. saltfork lodge is close to you...$99.00/night internet rate...VERY nice place to get away and relax...www.atapark.com

5. I went to that site www.atapark.com and they have no availablitiy that week end. I'm looking to tent camp more than anything. I find it hard to believe tent camping would be booked but then again that is sooo close to the 4th of july a lot of places might be booked.

I thought about put n bay area and staying at bayshore estate campgrounds. Might have to stay closer to home and do that another time. I've stayed at bayshore yrs ago and I liked it there. However, i bet woody wants something more secluded.

6. thats what i got online...none avail. try calling as the get cancles...740-439-2751 or 1-800-at-a-park i got a cabin for the 4th of july week by calling when site said full!!!

7. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

PIB is a riot if you like to party...catch the Jet Express or hop on Miller's Ferry with your truck/boat (if you have one) and fish around the islands for smallies...venture out a little for perch/eyes too! There are some lodging options, but call first...really busy this time of year.

Pricey but a slower pace is the Sawmill Creek Lodge...very plush and still close to Erie for a head boat or private charter...gotta love a chance to get some eyes on Mother Erie!

Or you could take a more secluded camping experience in Hocking Hills or Old Man's Cave area.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

check out pymatuning. lots of fun things to do around there