close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ideal two day fishing vacation?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DanAdelman, Nov 29, 2007.

1. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

In about 2 weeks, i will have every monday, tuesday, and sometimes wed off for about 5 weeks...a fishing buddy of mine love2troll also has these days off... I was just curious what everybody else would do in the same position?

I am definetely going to do more steelheading in ohio and going for some muskie out on leesville and WB, out on the boat... But i was what i really want to know about is whats going on in NY with the salmon and browns...Michican with the same...Canada pike and eyes...And everything in between...Any information will be helpfull and greatly appreciated...My boat is a 14 ft deep, stable aluminum sylvan...

2. I'm not sure how soon they'll have ice in Canada, but Lake Simco could easily be done well for perch through the ice on a three day bender.

You'll catch jumbos with no problem once you find them...lots of em.

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I agree with VC1111, if you are interested in an ice fishing trip. I have been to Simcoe several times over the past couple of years and first ice is killer for the jumbo's. I was just checking the extended forecast up there and if the next several weeks stay as forecasted for that area (Cooks Bay) the ice will be good the third week of December. I am debating the trip myself over the Christmas Holiday. Have fun, be safe and good luck on whatever you decide to do.

4. The Ohio River isn't terribly far away and from what I read people do well there on eyes, sauger, cats etc. You may find temps 8-10 degrees warmer and a very different fishing experience.

Check out the Ohio River forum. Would be different!

5. Erie! Get there before it freezes then head north to ice or south to the Ohio.

6. DanAdelman

the ohio river blue and flatheads are temping... really i just want a change of pace and it would be nice to catch something i have never caught... blue, flathead, brown trout, lake trout, king salmon, ect. Does anybody know anything about michican or NY king salmon right now?

7. DanAdelman

i guess my best bet is too check the michican/Ny sites to get info... I really want to catch a giant salmon or brown in the next month...

8. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Got any more info, location, map, licensing info., etc. I'll be off of work from the 10th until the 1st of the year. Wouldn't mind making a trip for some great perch.

9. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Sam,
    Give me a ring. I have all the info. you need and then some. I may be heading that way between Christmas and New years.

10. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer