close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

****idea****

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Hey members, who would be up for a Cabela's trip as an OGF outing? Possibly a weekday. We could try and schedule a meeting with the GM to welcome them to the Ohio area, and show them how happy we, as Ohio fishermen, are that they are there. Now, there's another option for the guys on the other side of the state to utilize. I know I'll be there for sure.

Carl

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Well there goes more of my money. Sounds like a great idea BD. Would be cool toget them interested in our site as well.

3. catking

catking Banned

Where is this place located??? I order alot through the mail, and do not recall where.But this is a new store in Ohio,correct?? Sounds like a plan. CATKING :cool:

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Are you talking about the Cabela's in Dundee Michigan?

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it's the new store in w.va. just east of wheeling.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hope in the future you will have one in the middle part of the state, say Columbus area?..I would like to go to one, but a 3hr drive is out of the question.

7. no question i would be...cabelas is my favorite store...great customer service.....

8. We'd be game for a Wheeling trip. Vickie and I have been anxiously awaiting them opening. Actually, we were thinking of making a weekend trip of it and field testing our purchases on the Ohio River while we're down that way. From the writeup on Cabelas site, the new store sounds like it's gonna be SWEET.

9. That stinks Cretin but there is no way I will ever boycott Cabelas.

10. Boycot Cabelas ??? :eek: I couldn't ,wouldn't and you shouldn't ! I have been in the workforce far to long to do something that drastic on the word of a website. Could be a disguntled employee. Could have been one of those workers who just stirred up trouble to the point Cabelas just needed a reason to fire him. Or it may just be another scam by a disgruntled employee. Anyways ,I'll go. I drove 3.5 hours to get to the one in Dundee Mich. It was worth every minute! If you have never been to one , go. You won't regret it.Your wife might though when she gets the credit card bill! :rolleyes: I walked out $400.00 closer to bankrupcy! They did give me a free drift sock though !

11. Pike

Pike

I agree with Bass Blaster. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET. Especially when I report the size and weight of fish caught.

12. What I say? Why'd my post get axed?

13. Spike, are you also signed up as "cretin6" here? Remember, the TOS states only one name per user.

The post by cretin6 was pulled. I didn't remove anything posted by you Spike.

The reason it was pulled is because it was inflammatory and here-say. Plus, it bordered on a political statement by whoever developed that site, and we're not having that here. We don't need to research it to check the validity or not, I just saw fit that it has no place here on OGF.

It was not a reflection on cretin6 either. I would hope he was only posting it for informational purposes, and not anything else.

Still, it was removed. It was my call and I stand by it.

Carl

14. Nope I'm just Spike. But my post is gone. Just asking, not tying to violate anything.

15. Oh. I don't know what happened to your's. I only deleted cretin6's post.

Wish I had an answer for you.

If you can remember what you posted, post it again. We'll figure it out. I think this thread's about done though, but if you want to, post and we'll see what happpens.

Carl