close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

IS there ice on Antrim, or any other smaller body of water. Might be fishing Sunday and wondering of a place, but worried about ice.
    Thanks.

2. Haven't checked the weather, but I thought I heard it was suppose to heat up this weekend.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

yeah, 39 and rain Saturday and 50 and cloudy Sunday, hope their bitten.
    Monday and Tuesday warm also but with rain, and school starts back up :( lol.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Antrim does not allow ice fishing. To be real honest I would suggest not getting on the ice there anyways, Being a lake that has several springs that feed it there is never any real safe ice. The City of Columbus will run you off of it if they see you on it. That lake is very very deep and if you were to fall through the ice it would be spring before they would recover you. I was a firefighter in that area for year and yes, we did recover a few bodies that went in. Stick with Buckeye, Indian or other areas that are known for good safe ice fishing.

5. I just called the one stop fishing shop in geauga county and he said that he would not really recommend to get out yet. Mainly it is the really small lakes that have enough ice to fish on. Which was only 3 -3 1/2". I think I'd put it off. I'm sure that we will have another chance later this year.

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

And to add to Dales post..I don't believe there is any "SAFE" ice anywhere in Central Ohio yet. I was fishing open water at Buckeye a few days ago and with the warm weather rain and wind it'll be open again real quick, Stick to the rivers or spillways for now. It sounds as if Deer Creek has been producing some fish. Good Luck and be safe, if you're going ice fishing for the first time go with someone that has experience. Some of the "Ice Veterens" on here would probably let you tag along. I'm heading to the Ohio River this evening for some sauger, walleye or saugeyes....hopefully!

7. Bubba bass bigfoot

My bad i should have said I'm not ice fishing. Just looking to do some fishing and have not hit Antrim for awhile.but seeing how their might be 3icnhes i will pass on it. I'll just find some were else.

Thanks and sorry for no being clear.

8. I fished Antrim Monday, No ice. 4 bites in 4 1/2 hrs. Caught 2, lost 1, missed 1.
    Powerbait under slip bobber about 10-12'.

9. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Bubba, check the NE section, someone posted about 10 or 12 lakes in our area and most are 1" or less, I'm sure your area is not much different.
    Mushroomman, where on the river are you fishing tomorrow? I'm headed to the New Cumberland l & d tomorrow to do some walleye/sauger/saugeye fishing.