close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice Watch: Which rivers are frozen??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RareVos, Dec 11, 2008.

1. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Any updates out there? Uneven weather pattern this week has me guessing but I'm going to float Sunday anyway. Anyone out there have a look at their local rivers lately? I'd really like to make it up to fish for tooth bearing critters in the Walhonding... maybe the wrong forum to find someone who drives by there on the way home.

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

The Scioto has some northerns. Not sure what it looks like. I certainly wouldn't be fishin smallies this time of year. Brrrr.............they got lockjaw. Pike are cold weather friendly. Saugeye can be sometimes......they are funny though.

You could always drive north and throw your hat into the steelie fray. I am sure there are a few fish in the rivers. Though, I don't know much about it or what the rivers look like.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I was at the darby a couple days ago and it had ice on it. Allot more than a couple days before that. Guessing there's quite a bit.

4. Big-nut open from hoover to water treatment overhead. As of last night!

5. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

We'll see what this night does. Sunday looks like the day.

6. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I chicken'd out for Sunday as well Kevin. I think yakkin' the flows are out for a bit, its 3 degrees right now, ouch. Got back from Florida a week or so ago, it was 78 when we left at 10am, ohio sucks.
    Mike

7. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Yeah, I think we all bailed on that one... 'cept for the dynamic duo. I hear they made the 8 mile float in 4hrs. Didn't even wet their lines.