close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice Rods For Gamefish

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Ruminator, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Guys, what do you use and recommend for short ice rods for walleye in a shanty?

2. Jim for in a shanty you will need a shorter rod so you can jig you lure and not hit the front of the shelter. I would think a 24 or 26 medium action would be good, but try different lengths inside your shelter befor you buy. As for brands I have a genzs model lightning rod which is great, I also have a st. croix combo from gander that is good but the real is only ok, a little small for my liking, and a first ice that is also very good. Too be honest if you use a super braid most rods will be sensitive enough, but I prefer a solid graphite rod.

Scott

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

....thanks for your input, with all the Lake Erie ice fishing you do; your thoughts are always well worth considering. ;)

Maybe we can get up there this winter for a trip and you can "show me the ropes"? ;)

4. Jim if we get ice your welcome to join us. Butright now it is a big if.

Scott