close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice reports

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by TxTransplant, Jan 17, 2005.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Put them here folks!
    The channel behind my house is all iced over this morning and OSP is iced in. Now we just wait for it to thicken!

Gene

2. once it gets thick i will be out.

3. can we still get down to the osp to fish with all the construction? i drove by there thursday and there was a sign that said keep out and come coans in the road. so i turned arround. is there someware else i can park and walk down to the ice?

j

4. TxTransplant

I'm pretty sure OSP is closed to parking.

Gene

5. I checked out Oberlin Reservior today, no ice anywhere on the lake. The wind isn't letting it form.

Wallace lake has about 1 inch of ice, it should be good to go by the weekend.

Wes

6. YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT OSP Tx.

7. Just Got Back From Long Lake. It's Starting .tim Said," Due To A Recent Global Warming Caused By 2 Polar Bears Rubbing Butts On A Fence Post,the Tourney That Was To Be Held This Weekend Will Not Happen." "we Are Shooting For 1-29-05 Or 2-5-05." He Will Give Us More Info Later. He Does However Predict That We Will Be Able To Fish By Friday. Hope This Helped.

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

not much of a report here, but the canals near 480 and 77 were totally iced over today (just a few days ago they were all brown and muddy from the rain)as well as Shadow Lake in Solon. just looked from the truck.....wont be long now at all....seemed like some possible fishermen in their trucks at shadow waiting for someone else to make the first move on her. no takers that i saw.
    also i saw a good deal of ice floating down tinkers creek, thats always nice to see!

9. I will be heading to work tomorrow from CF, thru Suffield, and back to downtown Akron, checking the ice at Mogadore. I'll post an update tomorrow. Hopefully, the geese have headed elsewhere...

Hey Sliderville, if you go see Tim, have him make the tourney either 1/30 or 2/5. I have a club event at Mogadore teh 29th. Aw heck, I'll go see him...I need more pinmins anyway. LOL.

10. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Hay Big Daddy bring your shot gun. Goose makes a good meal!

11. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Oberlin is open. Findley SP has about 1 inch with some open water. Wildlife areas to the south are covered but still only 1 inch of ice. With the well below freezing temps we are having I am positive that Findley is now locked. Oberlin might have skinned over last night if the wind let up. Will check later in the week to be certain.

12. hardwaterfan

felt great to be walking on water again...its been TOO long!

this was just a SMALL POND however, and i didnt have my auger.

ice made some beautiful pinging noises.....gotta love it!

no doubt in my mind ill find some small skinny water to hit by this weekend at the latest.

13. crooked stripe

Palsm rd was covered with snow atop. Congress Lake Rd was covered with snow on top and to the west of 43 as far as I could see was covered. On the east side of 43 about 40% still open with steam pouring off the water. Not a sole in site. I will drill some holes off Palsm rd tomorrow and see what I can find if someone doesn't beat me to it. John

14. I drove by Mogadore the same time as you, crooked stripe, and yes, saw the same thing.

I will DEFINITELY be out there off Congress Lake Rd Saturday morning. Maybe Sunday too, but I may have to try another lake...haven't decided yet. I feel like a kid getting ready to go to the candy store!!!!

15. I Drove Over Meander And Its The Same. Steam! Not Much Ice Though. I Imagine That The Deeper Lakes Are Doing The Same.
    Has Anyone Seen Mosquito? Should Be Some Ice Starting! :D
    I Might Have To Take A Trip North For Ice! :)

16. crooked stripe

Big Daddy was that you in the black truck? If it was I would have stopped and said HI :)

17. No, I was in a white Crown Vic.

18. TxTransplant

Just popped a hole off the end of my dock. For my Birthday I got ice!! 2.5 inches of good solid clear ice! Tomorrow night I'll be on it!

Gene

19. No Gene, WE will be on it!!!!

20. hardwaterfan

Shadow Lake

still not good although this lake gets a heck of a lot of run-off running through it....the water was pouring into the overflow.

about 1" of ice, insulated with snow.

breaking easily near shore.