Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the fish feeding the way they have the last two days, im gonna need a few days to put some ice packs on my arms to heel my wounds.all i can say is the blade bait bite from crane creek to the checker board on the western end of the lake on the beach from 8-12ft of water is the best i,ve seen in a few years,mostly jacks from 2-5 lbs.wow pretty cool to catch 19 walleyes for one person in a couple hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!talk to captians that had limits in no time at all, the color for me is gold and chartruse and firetiger.

good luck all and tight lines.

kenny morris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey there jim, how are you? are you using your new hookhider rods yet?if so how do you like them? hey buddy keep in touch and good luck this season.

c-ya kenny

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Good job Kenny. Hey man, when we goin fishin???

Carl (sharpening vibe-e's)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've used them since ice-out on Piedmont...three trips. I like them a lot. My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that the hook groove needs to be narrower. With any crank with small hooks, the hooks come out of the slot. They have one fine trait that none of my other rods has.......so far neither rod has caught anything but 'Eyes! Hope they keep it up! They handle lead-core extremely well. I haven't pulled boards with them yet. I'll break 'em in for that at the GNWC event at Erie/Port Clinton on May 1st. I already know I will be recommending them for lead-core. Fished Indian Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was BRUTAL! We didn't manage a fish on Sunday. Don't fee too bad though...Brumbaugh only hit one fish and he knows IL pretty well. Hopefully we'll do better at Alum on the 18th. Good luck to you too. Where's your next event?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey there carl !!!!!!!!! how are you buddy, let me know i,ll be up there next week the 16th,17th,18th, pass the word out at the meeting tuesday eve, im fishing out of turtle creek and only running about 3 miles out.the fish are there and aint going no-where for another 2 weeks at least !!!!!!!!!!!!!
give me a ring, also havent recieved any news letters yet from ssa

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Awesome Job! I used to wade the beaches in Port Clinton in early spring and throw LARGE jigs. Hop them off of the bottom. That's when the water levels were way up in the late 90's. Caught TONS of jacks and females. Hasn't been worth a crap up that way since the water went back down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts