close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ice on skeeter

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish master, Mar 5, 2008.

1. fish master

fish master 2005 senior member

any ice left over omn skeeter im hoping there is, atleast be able to get another week out on the ice.:mad: :)

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i just came back from skeeter and id say the ice is good to go. i walked out at 305 and the grave yard, both seem at least 4" or more. got open water at walnut run and under the tower and edges of the dam. if you say off the dam you should be ok.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

thats amazing....thanks for the report.

4. fish master

fish master 2005 senior member

cool thanks,. im going to hit it up this weekend. its gonna be cold so im hoping to atleast get a few more weeks out on the ice, or its back to the shore i go.:D

5. wow!!! if this is true i know where i'll be on saturday morning. man i can't believe there is still fishable ice there. any of you guys get out during the week let me know how the ice was. thanks guys. good report!

6. ezbite

just to be clear, i walked out about 500 yards at the grave yard and 200 at 305.. if i were going, i wouldnt worry about the ice too much off the grave yard, it was still very solid and pretty clear.. the ice below walnut run will be thinner because of all the warmer rain water/run off comming in from cortland and flowing south under the ice towards the dam. it also looked to be cloudier too. just be careful this late in the season.

7. That is good news, EZ. Jr. will be asking status on Mos. & Milton(just might be done?).
    ps-Did you ever show that Dobie the teeth on those walleye in your inset?

8. ezbite

hey hardwater fishermen, i just got back from skeeter and id say go fishing if you feel the need. i cut some holes this morning and theres good ice at 305 (about 3") and good ice at the grave yard (about 4") getting on the ice at 305 this morning was trickier than yesterday, seems like some melt did happen yesterday around the edges. but after getting on and cutting several holes out to several hunderd yards, it good. the grave yard is good everywhere.IMO.LOL. still be careful.

c.j. that doofy dog will steal and eat any fish left laying around while cleaning. i put a board on the deck to clean them on and if i go to get or do something i have to put the fish back in the cooler of ill find the head later when cutting grass. it's easier to just hack off the head of the smallest fish and give it to her, keeps her busy for a while and leaves me alone to clean the rest of them. weirdest dobie ive ever had.

9. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Be careful, we are supposed to get a foot of snow FRiday through Saturday and that's a lot of weight on lousy ice if it actaully comes true.

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

a foot of snow, and 4'' of ice won't mix, be careful!

11. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Well, lets hope somebody posts on Saturday. Going to Land Big Fish on Saturday, but Sunday I want to try out the new "ultimate ice fishng machine"!
    I'll be watching here and the Hardwater section real close!!!