Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These jigs are going to be year round jigs but I think they will do well thru the ice. The swivel in the middle is a # 16 . That should give you idea on size of jigs.

The bigger ones in the middle are 3-D teardrop eyes epoxied to a small shad shaped jig. The first thing tied on is some flash material and covered by duck wing feathers. I tie flash material on first so it is more subdued. Jig head then sealed with clear cure goo by using ulra-violet light.

Besides ice fishing I think the " shaducks " will produce under nite lights during open water fishing, I have not tested the " shaducks " yet. But my gut feeling is they will be a success.

The outer ring small ones should also produce under both circumstances. The outer ring ones just tear up any pond I have fished them in so far. Perch , crappie and bluegill seem to relish the little ones.

Hopefully we will get enough ice season this year to put them thru a proper test.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
In all my years of ice fishing, PP you make some of the nicest ice jigs I've ever seen. You really have a talent and patience for making them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts