close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ice fishing sleds

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peon, Sep 18, 2005.

1. peon

peon account delete

in the process of making a new sled.. got an old metal runner snow sled.. im making a box to sit on and has holes in seat to put a lantern for heat, and storage for my tackel and a fish box to keep my panfish in.... ill take pictures tomarrow when its done.. anyone else make something like this?? thank god my dad is helping me or id have to do it when my arm heals up....

2. id like to if i was able to fit it in my car

3. peon

peon account delete

notice the holes in seat there is a lantern under the seat to heat your bum and to heat up them frozen hands!!
    [​IMG]
    also has a foot board to keep your feet off the ice to keep em warm..
    [​IMG]
    there is the lantern compartment
    [​IMG]
    tackel tray and custom made rod holders... lanety of room for all my gear and a bucket of minnows and all my lunch.. everything fits in except my auger..
    [​IMG]
    im added a pull rope and im gonna add a rope to pull an intertube to put my auger on when i pull it and to use as a saftey trow if someone falls in...

4. Pretty sweet Peon, you don't think that Lantern will catch your box on fire do ya? I know mine gets pretty hot. If not, looks like a practical setup. Nice job.

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

looks like an ice fishing attack vehicle ;) nice job :)

i have a similar dilemma with my auger. no good place to put it. i have thought about dragging it too....but really what i want to do is figure out some way to make a holster for it, sort of like a shotgun rack for a truck. i have an idea, ive seen pics of holders for augers that go on atv's. they have a plastic base that screws down, then velcro straps coming off the plastic that wrap around the auger and hold it in place. just a thought.

6. peon

peon account delete

all the guys i ice fish with use boxes like these and they never have any problems with a lantern.. i just need to get a lantern .. the one in the pic is an old one that my dad has and he said its junk... iv always seen people pulling augers on intertube ... i pull my sled by hand so that should be fine for me.. i just want to get a screw on cup holder for my sled...

7. I made a box type sled also and for the auger I screwed in two hooks that you would use for hanging a bicycle. I scewed them into the side of the sled.

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Fella's, how and where would you mount a power auger on the box? I have an electra 12000, battery operated auger and could carry a bigger battery in the box to cut more holes. Would work out great for me.

9. peon

peon account delete

you could do like im going to do... pull a intertube behind the sled and put the auger on it.. and yea i could put more then one battery in my sled... never seen a battery powered auger... you cant see but my sled is mounted on an old metal runner sled i had when i was a kid... so its not the litest when its full of my gear but i think i can handle it.. the other guys make their own runners out of wood.. if mine is really heavy next summer ill take it off the sled and do the same.. i like mine on the sled cause it keeps the wood off the ice more and will last longer.... :D i wish i would have took a pic of buckeye tom last year with his intertube... lol he bought a use semi one it was so freakin big and full of holes lol!!!

10. hardwaterfan

just kickin around some ideas with this pic and anything else you guys can come up with. ;)

Attached Files:

11. peon

peon account delete

im sure those could be handmade just going to the hardware store and looking around and i bet i could make those cheap.... i want a intertube to help out if someone falls threw the ice .. ill just tick mine on there.. we dont get enough ice around here for atv on our ice lol.. never been on more then probally 8 inches of ice!!! lol i start on 3 !!!! :D

12. hardwaterfan

"i bet i could make those cheap.... "

my thoughts exactly ;)