close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice Fishing-Irish Hills

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by meadmeister, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Ice 5" thick; Some Shacks out will be going up next week. Frein out for one hour caught 8 panfish

2. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Thanks for the report. Have you checked on the ice at devils?

3. ice on devils was fine last sunday, fish were caught, however rain is comng. My friends have family who live on the lakes at Irish hills. I however am a slacker and will try this weekend. again rain is the question.

4. report on my mental health. Hard water fisherman are insane, I know I'm insane. Evans lake in the Irish Hills was 7 inches thick. fished from 2to8p. water was clear, frost formed on my back inside the shanty with heater and lantern going. wind chill was below 0 and I brought home 6 fish. I also can't wait to go back out now that is insane. All the lakes we saw had shanties on them. So Irish Hills are good to go for the insane people who like this stuff. Sunday at 0645a 4 already going. temps 7(insane)

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

my buddy from adrian been icing up some eyes from irish hills lately as well.. he's been telling me to come up there.. he said the ones he caught was around 4-5lbs.. with a few smaller ones in between..

6. is that area worth the trip and luggging the shanty that way. We just got our shanty done and i'm itching to get outside but we were planning on hitting the big lake mostly. What lake were you fishing meadmeister? If those lakes are producing, heck even if they aren't, i might have to head up. hunting season is done and my cabin fever has really set in.

7. Tuesday was my first day out and bitter cold. Was extremely slow with one keeper pike. Guys who fished sunday had good luck. We had 3 shanties with five guys. Most of whom will be up Sunday. Mojo per my last post, I delared myself insane. So you are on your own as to whether it is worth it. I could have spent $10 and bought a pound of gills. Maybe I have 3LBs of whole fish for 5 hours on ice. So yea its worth it????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!None of my guys have seen any eyes. I'll have a report monday and thursday of next week. Here's to hard water!

8. irish hills sunday, halve a bucket of panfish keepers and pike on tipups.