Ice Fishing Club In Columbus Ohio

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by ice ohio, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ice ohio

ice ohio Banned

I have always wanted to start a ice fishing club. I know that in MN they get together and have a day that they work on modifications to their fish traps.

I would like to have a day like this to go over tackle, mod our traps and meet other ice fisherman.

If this sounds good please let me know and we can set a date. Maybe it will develop into some small pot tournaments around central ohio.

David

2. If it has to do with ice fishin, i'm in lol

3. I'd be intrested in this.

4. ice ohio

ice ohio Banned

Hey Guys,

I just spoke with essox hunter at Gander and reserved the room at the reynoldsburg location for Thursday the 13th from 7pm untill 9.

He said it is ok to bring any gear into the store. I will bring my guide trap for anyone who has not seen one. I will also bring an auger that i have for sale and some extra stuff.

This is a informal club meeting so i invite anyone who likes to ice fish to come out and meet some new guys. Bring any gear or new lures and lets have some fun.

Please respond here so we can get and idea how many will come. The room can hold about 20 to 25 guys.

Also, essox hunter said he has some ice fishing gear in stock.

Hope to see you on the 13th.

David

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I'll try to scrape up some Gander Bucks ($10 off purchase of $50 or more coupons) to pass out to you folks.

6. 1977 walleye guy

1977 walleye guy Addicted Outdoorsman

I'd be interested in a club, but as for the meeting mentioned I would not be able to attend. I commend you though on taking a first step.

Keep an update going on here, will be interesting to see how this will shake out.

7. bruce

bruce

we need the ice dance to start.

8. Any idea who's all coming? Pretty sure I'll make it.

9. I'm Already There Waiting On You Guys, Where Are You At? Sounds Like An Awsome Idea. I Know Reeelmany, From This Site, Should Be Interested Also.

10. I know i can't make the meeting, 2 hour drive for me from work to Reynoldsburg and i usually don't get out till 5:30 and have to pick the boy up from daycare and drop him off at the house which is in the entirely wrong direction.

11. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Ill hppk up with Nitro and come see what's up, could be interesting.

12. ice ohio

ice ohio Banned

Hey Guys,

I was out of town for a few days and it was good to see that we will have some guys coming out on the 13th. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I would like to invite everyone who like to ice fish to come out. We will have plenty of room so bring anything you would like to share. This is the first get together so if anyone has any ideas please post them. See you soon.

David

13. Guys, sorry but it looks like I'm going have to bail out. I was informd today that i will have to work in Southern Ohio Thursday and probably have to stay overnight. If I do get back in town early enough I'll still bethere. Sorry, really wanted to make this meeting.

14. ice ohio

ice ohio Banned

No problem, I will get a list of everyone who attends and send the clubs contact info to you. i am hoping to get another meeting in early Jan. Maybe we can meet then.

David

15. Going to try to make the meeting
    looking forward to meeting everyone
    Geowol
    George

16. ice ohio

ice ohio Banned

Hey Guys,

It looks like we will have a handfull of guys showing up . I am hoping that some ice fisherman who read these blogs but dont post will attend.

My goal is to get a group of guys who love to ice fish like me to get together and talk about ice fishing. i know there are times my normal partner cant make it out and i would like to have a group of guys who would like to fish together. Maybe a trip up to lake Erie, Presque Bay or even Simcoe.

Please feel free to bring any extra lures, reels, rods or anything that the guys would like to see and maybe buy if you want to sell them. I have an Mag 2000used one time that i am bringing and my partner might buy. if he does not than its up for grabs. Also, i bought a pair of ice cleats that were to small for boots, a vex cover if i can find it and i am sure i can find some more stuff. i plan on bringing my laptop to look at websites and trips we could put together.

Like i said this is an informal meeting to get ice fisherman together. All ideas about a club will be great.

See everyone at Gander in Renoldsburg on the 13th at 7 till 9.

David

17. bruce

bruce

Can't make it didn't you wuld want this cold so I willingly stay away. Let me know if it will happen again.
    thanks Bruce

18. How was the meeting last night?

19. It was good to meet everyone
    chatted bout possible trips and general ice fishing BS
    Ice Ohio showed a video on a new ice sled thats pretty cool and $$$$
    Spinning showed the new ARCTIC ARMOR coat Sweet coat
    and I shared a home made cheap and effective Ice anchor
    Hopefully we can get a few more involved the next time
    geowol

20. It was a good time. Look forward to the next meeting in Jan.