Ice Fishing 3/29/08

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Zfish, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Went ice fishing up in the Rocky Mountains. Ice was still 33" thick up there while down here in Denver it's been thawed out for a while. Had a great day even though I have to admit I got the skunk. I seen 8 fish all day (you could see the bottom) but I still used the vex anyways then would look down once I marked fish. I had one fishing hitting my buck shot rattle spoon really good but he got the treble hung up in the line and then I just wasnt able to set the hook on him. All in all a great day. I had my OGF flag but winds hit about 20 + mph and it just wouldnt stay on the shanty but it was on there 1st thing in the morning. Didnt think to get the pics then as I didnt think the wind was going to pick up like that. :)

Buddy of mine did get 2 rainbows. Was glad to see someone get fish! Man will I sure miss the high country

Attached Files:

2. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

BTW : We were up a little more than 9000ft above sea level. Talking about huffin and puffin after dragging the shanty around. I was also very glad that they had gas augers. I dont think I could have manually cut 33" of ice lol

Also you can't beat how nice some of the guys are out here and how willing they are to help out. I hope in the future some of them come out to Ohio so I can take them fishing and return the favor.

3. Nice fish! There's still ice somewhere!

4. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Cool pic's......But some-how seeing the ice.......you dressed for 50 below.... tomorrow being April Fool's Day.......Makes me very glad.......it's going to be quite a while before I'm back on ice for next season.....THANKS for the info. sharing......I enjoyed it....for a fleeing second.....Jon Sr.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

zortman fishes for sissy fish :D

6. wow.. very cool...

thanks for sharing those awesome pics

Frank

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman