Ohio Game Fishing banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
It is very frustrating to look at the weather each week. Each forecast shows cold temps creeping in that would give us a decent freeze and then everyday day it seems to either get worse for us or the cold pushes to the end of the 14 day forecast. For the weekend fishers, right now the 23rd and 24th should be game on outside of the typical early ice spots. I’ll be poking around somewhere this weekend to scratch the itch until it all locks in. I’m getting pretty tired of marking spots on my navionics map that I can never fish because of the ice conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
a few questions I have with the global warming theory. What caused the end of the last ice age if humans are to blame for the current situation as there were not nearly as many people and we were not industrialized? How are we suddenly in a warming up trend if humans are to blame yet in the 70's the experts were warning we were headed into a new mini ice age? Can someone explain if humans are to blame how in the 1600s we had a mini ice age yet there were far more people than when the last ice age ended and we were more industrialized? :unsure:

·
Angry hillbilly
1,223 Posts
Am talking the last 20 years but u do have valid points with way back then! U got to emit with more humans u got more resources being used more pollution and so on! Bottom line damaging things

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
does anyone know if mosquito has any ice forming yet? i live over an hour away and havent been up that way for while....thanks for any reports

·
Registered
994 Posts
Am talking the last 20 years but u do have valid points with way back then! U got to emit with more humans u got more resources being used more pollution and so on! Bottom line damaging things
Global warming is all bs.its the cycle of the planet cleansing itself.the cycle will continue wether u try and stop it or not.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I dont want to get this thread off topic more than it already is, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there about global warming. I watched a video a while back of 2 guys that were having a debate and the one guy said something that really made a lot of sense. He basically said, if global warming was as serious of a threat and the ice caps were melting and oceans were rising at the rates the " climate experts " claim, why do real estate investors continue to spend and invest billions of dollars into ocean front condos, hotels, restaurants, etc etc. These people are extremely smart with their money, i dont think they'd continue sinking money into something just to to lose it all. I go to the same condo, in the same state, at the same beach, same time of year. Never looks like the ocean is getting any closer lol. Ok carry on lol.

·
Carp53.65
4,142 Posts
If I can not fish soft water I hope you guys get all the hard water that you can get. Just don’t want anything in between where nobody can enjoy it. After last year you guys deserve a good season. Stay safe.

·
Angry hillbilly
1,223 Posts
Global warming is all bs.its the cycle of the planet cleansing itself.the cycle will continue wether u try and stop it or not.

Not saying I don’t agree with the planet cleaning itself but your saying no human influences hurt the wAter ways or ozone??? No wAter pollution or smog??? Plus fishermen can’t hurt a population of fish in some bodies of water! 😳

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not saying I don’t agree with the planet cleaning itself but your saying no human influences hurt the wAter ways or ozone??? No wAter pollution or smog??? Plus fishermen can’t hurt a population of fish in some bodies of water!
Before humans there were other means hurting the planet..ok back to the ice reports.

·
cheeryo
929 Posts
a few questions I have with the global warming theory. What caused the end of the last ice age if humans are to blame for the current situation as there were not nearly as many people and we were not industrialized? How are we suddenly in a warming up trend if humans are to blame yet in the 70's the experts were warning we were headed into a new mini ice age? Can someone explain if humans are to blame how in the 1600s we had a mini ice age yet there were far more people than when the last ice age ended and we were more industrialized? :unsure:
[/QUOGlaciers are melting in the northern hemisphere..we know that, glaciers are forming just as fast in the southern hemisphere, maybe the weight transfer is causing the earth to move ever so slightly causing our weather to slowly warm. NOTHING IS AS GOOD TODAY AS IT WAS 20 OR 30 YEARS AGO, EXCEPT THE WALLEYE FISHING ON ERIE OF COURSE.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Checked the gravel pit that I work at.and I had 1 1/4 inch ice.exact.i used a tape measure.lol.first ice I been on since 2018.didnt fish.just walked about about 10ft.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts