Ohio Game Fishing banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

Johnny tsunami
Looks like the vortex might just be a glancing blow. The middle of the country down to Louisiana going to get cold but looks like there is a strong Caribbean jet stream that cuts back up and right at us 馃槥

Registered
I saw a guy fishing Wft yesterday around 1:30. He had walked out onto the big bay by the Park road between manager's house and the Dog Park easily 150 yds from the road. Walking around w/o a spud bar. When I was leaving a few minutes later, he as sitting in a chair fishing away. One vehicle in the lot, an older red Chevy p/u with fiberglas bed cover.
"I am NOT saying the ice is/was Safe by any stretch!"

POLAR PHILOSOPHER
I saw a guy fishing Wft yesterday around 1:30. He had walked out onto the big bay by the Park road between manager's house and the Dog Park easily 150 yds from the road. Walking around w/o a spud bar. When I was leaving a few minutes later, he as sitting in a chair fishing away. One vehicle in the lot, an older red Chevy p/u with fiberglas bed cover.
"I am NOT saying the ice is/was Safe by any stretch!"
You didn鈥檛 see my spud because it was laying next to my chair . As I said in your other thread you made about seeing me in the northeast fourm. You saw me walking without my spud in an area I鈥檇 been fishing for 3 hours before you rolled through.

I had already very thoroughly spudded it out!

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
There is a possibility of decent ice in a few protective bays this weekend. Night-time temps have been below freezing. It's been Cloudy all week. Day-time temps have NOT reached 40. Plus NO WIND.

THERE'S A CHANCE!!!

Reactions: Lil' Rob

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Mogadore: Friday 1/8/21
Congress Lake Rd (CLR)
East side: 100% frozen
(2 Spuds & I'm thru)
West side: 50% Ice

Registered
NW Ohio (mostly private) ponds are setting up. Saw one guy out off Territorial Road just across the state line. Heard about a couple who went through on Big Turkey Lake west/southwest of Angola.

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
Nimisila: Saturday 1/8
North End: 100% Iced over
South End: 75% Iced Over

No good ice whatsoever.

Reactions: Bprice1031

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
Monday 1/11/21
Mogadore: 95% Ice Covered
Ladue: 95% Ice Covered
East Branch: 95% Ice Covered.

DIDN'T SEE ANYONE ON THE ICE.

Registered
Seems like the cold keeps getting pushed back. I just can鈥檛 understand why this keeps happening the last couple years and how forecasters are so wrong. Seems like they are never wrong about above average temps.

When we do start to get some temps, then it just warms to 40鈥檚 like next couple days. Wish it was the opposite, predict 40鈥檚 but then only 20鈥檚. Never seems to be that way.

Sorry for the rant, but really getting frustrated, as each time the cold gets pushed back, means less time, if any on the ice. We should be on safe ice now.

SOLID MEAT
It's climate change and global warming. it's been noted in places all over the globe. the problem with forecasting is that they use daily and seasonal averages outside of say a week to week and a half. But the Rapidity of the climate change and the much more drastic weather patterns can not allow them to be even remotely correct.

Registered
It's climate change and global warming. it's been noted in places all over the globe. the problem with forecasting is that they use daily and seasonal averages outside of say a week to week and a half. But the Rapidity of the climate change and the much more drastic weather patterns can not allow them to be even remotely correct.
I guess, but I still don鈥檛 buy into climate change/global warming. If that was true we would not have heat records going back to late 1800鈥檚 or early 1900鈥檚. There are always periods of heat and cold and I think we are in one of those heat record times. I just hope it reverses sometime soon and we go into a prolonged cold period.

None of that excuse the poor forecasting. It should be much better now than it used to be and it definitely is not. Joe Bastardi has gotten worse and he used to be the gold standard. Now his long range forecasts are very bad.

Angry hillbilly
It鈥檚 all about over population in the global warming spectrum! Let鈥檚 use that resource to stop this and to create another resource to create another issue down the road!!!

SOLID MEAT
I know, change is difficult. I love ice fishing, too. But, when the scientific community says it is happening, there is clear evidence it is happening, and the people who have a bunch more money than me are planning for changes in climate, I tend to believe it.

Angry hillbilly
I guess, but I still don鈥檛 buy into climate change/global warming. If that was true we would not have heat records going back to late 1800鈥檚 or early 1900鈥檚. There are always periods of heat and cold and I think we are in one of those heat record times. I just hope it reverses sometime soon and we go into a prolonged cold period.

None of that excuse the poor forecasting. It should be much better now than it used to be and it definitely is not. Joe Bastardi has gotten worse and he used to be the gold standard. Now his long range forecasts are very bad.
I forgot to mention also what u said with warm periods and cold periods through out time!

Registered
I know, change is difficult. I love ice fishing, too. But, when the scientific community says it is happening, there is clear evidence it is happening, and the people who have a bunch more money than me are planning for changes in climate, I tend to believe it.
I know, but I can point to as many respected individuals scientific community that says it is not happening just as much as much as the ones that do. Just don鈥檛 buy it, otherwise would not have records that go back a hundred years that showed warmth warmer than today. What caused back then? Horses? Just a bunch of media hype and waste of money.

Whatever one believes, still does not make up for the very poor forecasting. It is 2021, have to be better at forecasting that what is going on. What is the point of being a weather forecaster if you are always wrong and have more information than anytime in our lifetime to analyze.

Will stop now, as this is about ice fishing reports, which will not be many if this trend continues. LOL.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts