Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LADUE: Monday morning 10am
Open Water at the Washington St Boat House.
St Rt 44 BoatLaunch: THIN Ice on West side

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hard to believe a fully experienced icer like Kit went out Sunday SOLO. It's difficukt for me to truly imagine him doing so. Now I'm starting to wonder if he has more guts than brain cells.

NOPE... I'LL ATLEAST WAIT FOR A BUDDY OR NOT GO AT ALL. KIT IS ONE LUCKY FELLA.

Reactions: loweman165

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Mogadore Tuesday 12/29.
3 guys off Congress Lake Rd - West side. Only. North Shore. The rest of the lake is THIN ICE.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If you're going to test the ice it looks like this morning is The Only Day. 10 day weather forecast doesn't look good. I'm gonna search for a little wind-protected bay & hopefully drill some holes. Won't be going solo or without my safety gear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found a small public lake up north near my work I'm going to try at lunch and after work today. I have all my gear (including safety gear) with me. Hope everyone venturing out today stays safe and dry.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Dang I wish I was on the ice again today. Maybe Friday.

Reactions: swone

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's 5:30am & I'm itching to hit the ice for a 2nd day in a row...but I don't think it's gonna happen. Too much rain & above freezing temps ruined what little we had. Bummer for all of us.

Reactions: kit carson

·
Registered
696 Posts
Drove past Wallace Lake in Berea, 6 feet of open water all the way around yet some goof found a way out in the middle and was fishing. As long as he doesn't mind risking the lives of the first responders to save his dumb a$$.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Couldn't get on Nimisila this morning despite bringing a 10ft 2×6 plank. The ice was just too far deteriorated. Dustin & I decided to try the Christman Rd Bridge & C5 Culvert. Not even a nibble. It still felt good to get outdoors on New Year's Day.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts