If you're going to test the ice it looks like this morning is The Only Day. 10 day weather forecast doesn't look good. I'm gonna search for a little wind-protected bay & hopefully drill some holes. Won't be going solo or without my safety gear.
I found a small public lake up north near my work I'm going to try at lunch and after work today. I have all my gear (including safety gear) with me. Hope everyone venturing out today stays safe and dry.
Drove past Wallace Lake in Berea, 6 feet of open water all the way around yet some goof found a way out in the middle and was fishing. As long as he doesn't mind risking the lives of the first responders to save his dumb a$$.
Couldn't get on Nimisila this morning despite bringing a 10ft 2×6 plank. The ice was just too far deteriorated. Dustin & I decided to try the Christman Rd Bridge & C5 Culvert. Not even a nibble. It still felt good to get outdoors on New Year's Day.