Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
swone did drive by of Nimmy today and a couple areas are getting there but not ready yet.

Reactions: swone

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't be foolish just yet!!! It has only been cold for 2.5 days. Why rush it and end up swimming? Be patient and see what the weather brings in the next few days.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nimmy is 90% wide open.

Reactions: Skivvyskiv

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i was at the new state park at plx a minute ago. and down by the dog park i was walking my dogs near the water across from the boat ramp. checked the ice.......maybe an eighth of an inch thick, its gonna be awhile

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Thanks NC

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I've never really been much of an ice fishing person, but I really hope you guys get a good long safe ice season this year. I know it's been a while. I'm being a bit selfish in my hopes as well, as I think a nice hard and long hard water season would do a lot to knock down the incredible amount of bait I was marking this fall.

Good luck you guys, and stay safe out there.

·
Johnny tsunami
2,969 Posts
Mine is, but it is snow ice. Bummer. Need a rain and start over again. I sure hope we get at least a month of ice fishing this year.
They did say we were gonna have a wet warm winter because of la nineo so my expectations aren't the highest. To much up and down with temperatures going to be tough to get good ice

1 - 20 of 79 Posts