ice at Atwood?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Pikedaddy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Pikedaddy

Pikedaddy just catch 'em'

I am wondering if anybody has been on Atwood yet. I am thinking about heading down one day this weekend. I havent got to ice fish it in a few years .

2. The lodge area has good ice 3-5 inches. The rest of the lake is spotty with some good 4-4.5" ice and then slush crap ice right beside it. Fishing overall has been very slow. I've only heard of a few fish caught in 3 days. I fished one day with 1 light bite on a waxworm and have been out there talking to people after fishing elsewhere that past two days.

3. freakofnature13

freakofnature13 fishing extradonaire

I was at atwood on saturday afternoon and sunday morning...i found the railroad bed and must have been right over a bridge or something i dunno what it was but my vexilar was going crazy i knew i got lucky and kept quiet in my shanty..i caught over 35 crappie in just a few hours each day..all the crappie were heavy big fish10-14'' kept those ones.. also caught 4 rock bass and 4 bluegill..i had to work for em..if it werent for my vexilar i would have never found it..and even so i drilled everywhere around my shanty to try and paint a picture but nothing..lets just say i got lucky and i saw no one else catching anything but i did see a guy pull a nice 3 to 5 pound channel out of his shanty and asked if anyone wanted it..no replies lol. Im thinking on takin my aqua view there to see what it is..but just havent had the time to..lets just say people say i can catch a fish out of a mud puddle. hehe:B

4. Thats a good report FreakofNature 13. I dropped my camera down on the rubble from the old bridge and only saw one bluegill saturday.

5. freakofnature13

freakofnature13 fishing extradonaire

Well did ya catch heem ?? lol ah so it is a bridge?..i kinda figured the way it was pictured on my vex screen..im gonna take my camera down there just to get a mental picture of it. im going to erie on saturday, so sunday i might be there. maybe ill see ya down there