Ice Activity Report Saturday 01/17

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by icebucketjohn, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Ladue: 4:00 PM
    St Rt 44 Boat Launch - Didnt see anybody on the ice, but did see 3
    vehicles parked
    Boathouse: 2 shanties on ice
    Valley Rd: 2nd Bridge: 1 ice shanty, 15 gills & 1 crappie

Punderson: 5:00 PM
    2 Shanties below the picnic area
    1 Shanty at the Marina: (Hadn't caught any fish when I walked out to
    visit them)

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Thanks IBJ!

Looks like there might be a road trip in store!

3. Checked the ice east of 43. Found ice from 3" to 6". The further out I went, the thinner it got. Saw no one fishing in that area.

CLR had plenty of activity but the guys I spoke to said it was slooowww.

4. Icebucketjohn...How is the snow cover on these lakes you visit....Jim....

5. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

thanks John! As always your input saves me a ton of time and frustration. We all need to chip in and buy you a fuel card! I hope to one day cross paths and I can thank you personally. I'm going up to erie next Sat. (1/24) to try the eyes. I have a trusted source that says it's time to try. I'll post the results. Good luck!!!

6. Thanks there "Icebucketjohn" With you making your rounds ...If anybody knew it would be you...Thank's again.....Jim.....

7. My buddy Walt took Nick out yesterday to fish C-5 at Nimisila... They got about 15 or so with 3 keepers. They said it was a lot slower than Wednesday when we were there. LOTS of good ice though, 6-8 inches in Haynes Bay.

8. Still pretty sore... Back hurts from sleeping in the recliner, but I'm getting around. I'll be walking around the house today trying to get loosened up... On a scale of 1-10, I'm about a 5.... Halfway there!

9. Sounds like you wont miss much ice fishing. Think you'll be icing within the next 2-3 weeks?

10. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Yes IBJOHN........YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!.........NOW IF YOU CAN JUST MANAGE TO REMOVE SOME OF THE SNOW AND SLUSH THAT KEEP ON HANGING AROUND.....THAT WOULD TOP OFF EVERYTHING AND MAKE US SO VERY MUCH MORE "MOBILE"........SO GETTING TO SOME OF THOSE NEW AND INTERESTING SPOTS "that you want me to take you to"......WON'T BE SUCH A PAIN IN THE A$$...... You really give the guys a much better prospectus ..........jON sR.

11. I figure 10 days to 2 weeks and I'll be back out

12. saturday rex lake had 5 to 6 in. got alot of dinks. north over the trees 5 to 6 in. tons of dinks couldnt keep two poles in the water.