Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Johnny tsunami
3,767 Posts
Was watching a show on msn sports where they were tournament fishing a river in Germany the guys were fishing from the river walkways in some city and were hoisting them perch into umbrella nets they were monsters. It would be sweet to have them in erie

·
Registered
128 Posts
Zander, chances are you’ve had some in local restaurants. Some like to pass it off as lake perch cause the skin is so similar.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
You know, there are probably people in Europe who look at pictures of our Lake Erie walleye and say they wished they had walleye like that!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Zander, chances are you’ve had some in local restaurants. Some like to pass it off as lake perch cause the skin is so similar.
Zander look like walleyes. This a European perch. It's interesting the there are two different fish species here in North America that have nearly identical "cousins" on the opposite side of the globe.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,820 Posts
I was actually thinking the other day, it really would be nice to have these perch or maybe a hybrid. They give us hybrid bass for sport. How bout perch!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was actually thinking the other day, it really would be nice to have these perch or maybe a hybrid. They give us hybrid bass for sport. How bout perch!
It's almost like a guy with money, could fly over there and bring back some eggs. Then raise some to release in Erie.😁🤔🤨Always wanted to take redfish to San Diego.

·
fishfinder1
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes!! I follow Freddy Harbort. Catches European beasts!
Some of those beasts are caught in downtown London. I remember watching Mike Iconelli catching monster pike from a canal in London. The public never fished for them.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
if you tell anybody in europe you catch 100 eyes on rod one day ,or 50 perch they will not beleve that.
if fishing was beter in europe i will be there,but is not that is reason why i am here.
there is only rondom few pictures from europe.
and polution is bad.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
If someone told me they (alone) caught 50 perch in one day on rod and reel I might not believe them either

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
in no limit days i catch with 2 rods on erie in 6 hours 200 perch by myself.
last month 8 hours perch fishing i got 3 small perch covering100 square miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts