close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I went & did it today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cat Mazter, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I was going to wait until next year to buy a Canoe, But I found one today for $40 with Life Jackets & Oars. It has 2 Stabilizer Bars in it & has been used in the River before. So Ill pound out some of the Dents in it & reseal it, Paint it Camo & Ill be on the River Fishing in it next week. I couldnt pass it up for the Money. It a 16 Footer that will serve my needs Perfectly. I cant wait to take it out. My Brother is going to Weld a Battery Holder in it for me, So I can Strap my Battery in it. Incase I do tip over it will stay with the Boat. Should be a good time & I should get into some Bigger fish now that I can get up around all the Log Jams & Corner's. Plus Smallie fishing is going to be alot easier for me too.
    Cat Mazter :D

2. All your doing is making me more antsy to want to come back down there and fish with you. STOP TEASING ME LOL.

3. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Excellent score! If it doesn't serve your needs well enough, let me take it off your hands for ya.

4. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Cat Mazter

Sounds like you got the bargain of a lifetime.

I would suggest you mount the battery as low and centered as possible.
    That way it will help balance the canoe and serve as centering ballast.

If it has leaks and rivets you should peen all rivets before sealing the canoe.
    If you can find a sealent that can be sprayed it will get into leak spots and cover better than just spreading caulk.

I had a canoe I used on ponds and it was stable enough to stand in.

5. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

Rod & Reel- I was thinking of you when Unloading it, We can Float the River & Fish for Smallies & Largemouth when You make it back down. :)

Fastlane- If it doesnt your first in line :D

katfish- My Bro is Welding some Angle Allum. to the Center of the Canoe, It will have a Strap to hold it down. Im going to try to find some Spray sealant before I go the Caulking way. I would use a 2 Part Epoxy to fix any hole or leaks. Its dry in 10 Min. Wet or Dry it works great. I will also peen all the rivets too.
    Thanks for the Comments,
    Cat Mazter