close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I was just wondern'?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mkatts, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Last year my wife hooked a huge Fish net at a private pond in Hilliard. Last weekend we were fishing the same spot and she pulled out a shimano Spinning reel/rod. 5 Bearing, blah blah. Looked pretty nice. Gold/brown color. Spelled bad! but other than that is very good shape.

So I got to thinking, I am wondering what other kinds of odd stuff have people hooked into and been like "What the @#$#@?"

2. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

I hooked into an old rusted .38 revolver at Edgewater Park. Turned it over to the rangers.

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

nailed that booger on erie 10 years ago, thought i had the granddaddy of all walleyes.

sowbelly

4. the boss caught a diver in fla.

5. I caught an extremely large swim suit top at Caesars Creek a few years back....I always wanted to hear the story behind that :)

Steve

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

at the cemetary roadbed i caught something in 15' of water that no matter how hard i tried i could only get it up to about 7' off the bottom....i fought what i thought was the mother of all eyes or a cat for about 15 minutes, i could swear it was pulling back but i guess it wasnt. :eek:

i imagine it might have been an old anchor rope or some darn thing....i will always wonder and if i ever take a camera there i will find out cause i marked the spot.

7. I was at Alum last summer and I hooked into something that I thought was the next record LM. But when I got it in it ended up being a massive prop. It was about 13 inches acrossed. I could have swore that thing was fighting back which may have been possible because of the prop spinning. Then at Deer Creek I pulled in a clump of weeds that had someones dentures in it. That was gross.:confused:

8. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I once was fishing an Ohio River tourney and caught-snagged, dig this- one of those big plastic orange lobsters that hang on the wall at Red Lobster. Put it in the livewell- shoulda' heard the laffs at the weigh in! Full of mud, went a hair over 3 lbs. Didn,t count but I got a free hat for the effort! :rolleyes: And it was the only thing I caught all day! :eek: Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. Was fishing Mosquito with Lewis and hooked something that pulled hard and moved back and forth in a random fashion. Lewis was ready with the landing net when it came to the surface. Turned out to be another landing net, a really good one that extends to around ten feet. I have used this net since the day I caught it.

10. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

We went fishing Saturday morning.....my husband caught three t-shirts, a dog leash, and a rod and reel...
    Not sure if the rod and reel are any good.It needs cleaned up for sure.

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I caught a mountain bike in a throw net one time.

12. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I caught a lawn chair once. That thing was a bear to pull up...

I also caught some panty hose...

13. Took Oldest Daughter Fishing Once And She Hooked Into A Full Size Mallard Duck. Should Have Seen The Fight This Duck Gave Us . Top Water, Under Water And Then Went Airborn On Us About Thirty Feet Up And Damn Near Stripped All The Line Off The Reel In The Air. We Were Laughing So Hard She Wet Her Pants. This Lasted About 10 Minutes And I Finally Brought Him In Close And Cut The Line. Let Me Tell Ya I Wanted No Part Of That Duck

14. A friend of mine was out fishing not paying attention to what he was doing so he reared back his poll and caught a young lady in her shirt. She is now his current girl friend.:D

15. I caught a ziplock bag full of mud and water one time at Deer Creek. Why can't I ever catch a landing net or a fishing pole or something cool like that?

16. A pair of women's thong panties at Highlandtown. The funny things is I bet I knows who they were!

17. haha, i knew this post would get a good reaction. These are great!