Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early tonight one of my "fishing fool" friends and I asked a fella to fish one of the ponds on his property, he said "I dont let people fish here". Glad we asked a little later again. While tossing a weightless lizzard, 3 lm up to 4lbs in the first 5 casts. Fishing fool was using an ultalight and a minnowspin, landed a few 2-3 lbers. Then i hear a Scream......OMG OMG hey get a camera I caught a monster.

Fishing fool lands a Dumpster mouth...every bit of 24 inch 6.5-7 largemouth...very thick ....

We went on to land about 20 in 2 hours more than a third over 4 pounds.

Lizzard lost legs feet head tail......still caught fish

Minnow spin, senko, oucho, jitterbug, blue or green worm...jig.....it was all working.

Only Question would you rather catch one 6-7 or 3 fivers in one night

The bite was out of contol all I had in van was a river tackle bag. Will be back next Sunday with my kick bass tackle ....

·
OSU Fisherman
179 Posts
I've caught 5+ lbers in Ohio but never hit the 6 lb mark in Ohio so I would say I would rather catch 1 6-7 lber, but that's just my opinion. Sounds like an awesome pond. Any pics by chance??

·
Registered
79 Posts
id say the 6-7 pounder. getting a lm that size is such a rush. the sudden massive surge, then thinking this cant be a lm, once its shown its self fear just sinks in and your thinking please let me get this fish in. once that fish is in your hands, you couldnt punch the smile off your face. its truely a thrill.

·
GMR
425 Posts
Absolutely that 6 lber would be it. Ditto on getting that smile on your face that you couldn't shoot off. I still get that smile when I think about the biggest one I've caught. I hope somebody did grab the camera and we can see some pics.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
yeah the big one for sure. I know how fishin fool feels i caught my biggest large mouth on an ultra light 8.06 lbs on 4lb test using a plow jokey in the shallows of a pond the thing almost beached it self to get to my worm. good find on the pond and good kob on ht efish

·
Banned
269 Posts
I have a pond I fish that is the same way. It's really amazing the quality of some ponds. Weightless plastics catches every fish in that pond...Good Job. 1 big fish is better then smaller numbers.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
OMG OMG hey get a camera I caught a monster.
I don't speak in acronyms, but I do understand gtfo very clearly. Sounds like a camera was there, so where are the pics?

No pic reduces the size of the 6-7 lber to 3 at best. With cell phones and digital cameras as easily accessible as they are, no one is missing a chance to photograph a catch that rare. Especially fishing a pond from shore.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Give the guy a break....he's an electrician for cripes sake and has trouble enough with turning a computer on let alone posting pictures and figuring out how to get them off his camera phone. I'll see if I can help him out sometime this week with how to do it....he's a neighbor of mine. I haven't seen the pictures, but have no reason not to believe him.....he does like to tell stories, but if he says he has pictures to back it up, then I believe him.

·
Banned
798 Posts
i'm actually just joking. I believe EVERYONE till they give me a reason not to. I was reallu just giving him a good rib... Plus old forum guys know exactly what GTFO is, and it always gets a chuckle from me everytime I see it on a thread. lol

I hardly post pics anymore. Broke my Digital second trip this year, and don't own a cellphone. Only digital we have is my ladies, and it was my x-mas present to her this year. So pic or no pic, I am 100% what he caught was HOG.

·
Avid bait killer
311 Posts
Hooksetter, tell me the exact location of the pond and I'll tell you if I've fished it before or not :D:D:D:D!
Just kidding, sounds like you had a great time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts