I Saved A Seagull!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, May 1, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

While fishing the Sandusky river yesterday I saved this seagull...
    Saw him on the shore after picking up a lost bobber-Thought something was up so went over cut the line and away he went. Probably the last time that will happen ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also caught some whitebass-first females of the season-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Then it probably promptly flew over your truck and dropped a giant turd :p no good deed goes unpunished.

3. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

That seagull was lucky it got rescued. Makes ya wonder how many other animals get tangled up in discarded line and succumb to a slow death. Beside trash being unsightly, this is another good reason to take an empty plastic bag with you in the field and come out with it full. Good job saving a life. :C

4. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Good job n.s.o.f.. I like to hear that kind of stuff. I caught one on a rapala one time. Put up one hell of a fight!! lol We couldn't decide what to do with it. I said cut the line, my brother said no, we got to try to get the lure out. He figured it would surely die if we didn't. So after a couple of minutes of fighting like hell, it landed and kind of came right in and believe it or not, we were able to work the lure out. I think it was so exhausted, it just let us do it.

5. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Have had the privledge of getting a Bandit crankbait and a Spro frog recovered from Blue Herrons....They make a racket!!!! Every person around watched and listened as I reeled MY lures and birds back. On both occasions these birds ATTACKED my lures upon retrieval. I could see people cutting their line and running like hell just from the NOISE alone. Due to the fact that I was in the boat and couldn't run, and that every soul for hundreds of yards were watching, I grew a pair and grabbed both by the beaks. Besides the wing flapping and legs kicking like hell and gawd awfull satanic noises coming from the birds, the hook(s) came out easily....Thank God!!!