close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I rubbed a pork butt today!

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by bill_gfish, Sep 17, 2005.

1. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Actually is was pork shoulder roast. Put a rub on it and it is chillin now. Gonna smoke it on the grill for a loooooong time then make barbeque pulled pork samiches out of it. Also gonna cook up a big ol pot of ham and soup beans. Best part is my family don't eat the stuff with taste so I got it all to myself. :)

This is my first time and have read a million recipies. I think it is suppose to chill is the fridge for like 8 hours or so then cook on the grill for about 7 or till able to pull apart. Sounds easy enough but boring as heck. Hope the grubbin will make up for the boredness.

If anyone has tried this and wants to give hints lemme know em.

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

Did It Bring You Any Luck For The Mega Millions Lotto?

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Oh Lord, I apologize for what I was thinking about this topic's title, and all those stavin piggmies in NG, A-Men :D

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

some guys get slapped for that! :D :D :D :D

5. isnt talking about foreplay with animals a violation of TOS? !# :S :B !$

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Talking about it isn't, unless we get a complaint from the animal ;)

I've rubbed a few butts in my day, and highly recommend adding brown sugar and a can of coke to the rub (prolly too late for that now, try it next time).

Once done, let it cool before you pull! Make sure you taste test (I'm sure you will :D) before you add sauce. If you nail the rub right, it'll actually taste better without bbq sauce mixed in. Tastes like candy.