Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 21.5 ft walkaround equipped with a 3.0 I/O mercruiser but also has a mount for a kicker motor. Interested to see your guys opinion on if it's worth spending the money to get a kicker motor or just troll with the big motor. All feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I had a 3.0 , had to use bags most times , kicker saves fuel and wear and tear on main , I now have a 21' Trophy with 150 merc and Yamaha T8 kicker , doubt I'll ever buy another I/O ,

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm with wave warrior here. I had a 19 foot Princecraft with a 3.0 I/O and I had to drag a bucket to slow it below 3 mph. I now have a four stroke outboard....I'll never go back. If you want to save the money dragging a trolling sock or buckets will slow it up just fine.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I just bought a 21.5 ft walkaround equipped with a 3.0 I/O mercruiser but also has a mount for a kicker motor. Interested to see your guys opinion on if it's worth spending the money to get a kicker motor or just troll with the big motor. All feedback is appreciated!
if you troll 20 days,the kiker is free how much you save in gass and vering the big ingene.
safety # 1,one ingene quit you run home on one engene.
buy kiker with troling controls,
you can program speed and remote control.
program
troll 1.5 mph 5 minutes then 2 mph 5 minutes,then 1.5 mph 5 minutes,the program do the work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts