Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever been thru an engine/out drive replacment........? I think I fried the motor on my 24' Thompson Saturday, thank God for Tow Boat US....... The rig is being evaluated as we speak so I don't know the extent of dammage yet, but it was seized up/ would not crank, sounded like a connecting rod to me. Any how, if it is a major rebuild, I may consider a new/rebuilt one instead.... Any suggestions or price guesses it has a 200hp v-8 mercruiser now.......? HT

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
Let them evaluate the situation... there is a condition called hydro-lock that would mimic a tied up engine. It's not good either, means one or both of your exhaust manifolds is bad.

I changed out my engine. Wasn't too bad. Prepare for some busted knuckles.
I bought a re-manned long block from Raul at Rapido Marine in Miami. One year warranty, you keep the core. Freight wasn't as bad as one might think.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I pulled the motor out of my 24 Thompson. It was an easy job as long as you can lift it. I used a tow motor and strap. On the install You need to get an alinement tool to set the motor mounts to line up with the out drive.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts