close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need to rent enclosed car trailer

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by mossboss, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mossboss

mossboss

0   0   0

Anyone have one to rent.I need to go to columbus to ocala florida to pick
    up a 71 chevelle.Let me know if anyones interested.Thanks,Jeff

2. PhattyB

PhattyB

0   0   0

If your sole reason for going to Florida is to pickup a car, it would be less hassle to get an auto transport company to do it for you. It will be slightly more than the cost of the gas it would take for you to do it yourself.

3. mossboss

mossboss

0   0   0

Yeah right.The cheapest car hauling company wants $1500.And it takes 7 to 20 days.No way!!

4. PhattyB

PhattyB

0   0   0

You haven't gotten any good quotes then. In the past six months, I've had two trucks shipped over 500 miles for $450 and $525

5. mossboss

mossboss

0   0   0

Who did you use? would you trust them with a $80,000 car?
    let me know,Thaks,jeff

6. PhattyB

PhattyB

0   0   0

The last place I used was http://phoenixautotransport.com/

However, I won't specifically say they are the way to go. They had excellent service, but the key is just get alot of quotes. (Search google for "auto shipping quotes"). This business works off a complex and economical system. Drivers will be making trips and pickup cars along the way. So, the more time you can give them on pickup and delivery dates, the cheaper the quote will become because they'll setup multiple cars for pickup along the route.

As for trusting these shippers with an $80,000 car. I would absolutely trust them more than myself. Make sure they are insured which most are. Even on an open trailer, insurance will pay for any damages. (Just insight, I think I'd want an enclosed trailer too)

7. mossboss

mossboss

0   0   0

I will look into it.It seems very expensive.Thanks,Jeff

8. bassattacker

bassattacker

0   0   0

i agree with phattyb with a $80,000 car i wouldnt take the chance of something happening to the car, atleast with a car shipper like phattyb said there insured, the $1500 qoute u might think is high but ur also shipping an $80,000 car IMO $1500 to ship that quality of a car is very cheap considering the peace of mind ull have that if anything happens its not ur fault. id def like to see some pics of this car when you get it.