close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i need to buy pheasants

Discussion in 'Upland Game and Hunting Dogs' started by keiffer158, May 27, 2005.

1. I have a german shorthaired pointer and he needs some pin raised birds for training. I live in london (between Springfield and Columbus on 70), if anyone knows about birds for sale around there let me know.

thanks,
    Keith

2. gstrick27

gstrick27 ITS BLUEJACKETS TIME!!!!!

the only place i know of is cherrybend pheasant farm they have a web site just do a google search. they r located just outside of wilmington

3. There's a guy outside of Urbana that has a hunting reserve and usually has birds cant recall the name of the place though I'll see if I can find out

geowol

4. My brother-in-law raises and sells them but he is up by Upper Sandusky. If nothing pans out down that way let me know and I will get you in contact with him.

5. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Why are you wanting just ringnecks when you could use pigeons? Depending on how far along you are, it would be cheaper to start with the pigeons first and then for advance work use the rn. Just curious. I saved whole doves,duck wings, goose wings in the freezer and pigeons to train my Vizsla. I understand he is a versatile but it worked well for his upland training. Of course he is 15 and retired, soooo as by the name I hunt Chesapeake Bay retreivers now but I also have English Springer. Good luck with your training.

6. Here is the info that I have on a few places

Fairchild Peasant farm
    740-363-7219
    west Liberty ohio

Mill Creek
    937-644-3595
    marysville ( outside of plain city after you go over 33 )

jma pheasant farm
    740-779-2880
    740-642-2061
    Kingston ( south of circleville )

lone oak farm
    740-363-7219
    Its around the delaware area

Hope this helps
    Geowol