close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i NEED SOME WORK DONE ON MY OLD JOHNSON-ANYONE OUT THERE?-DESPERATE

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by eye4neye, May 18, 2004.

1. HEY GUYS,

NEED SOMEONE TO WORK ON MY OLD JOHNSON SEA HORSE...I BOUGHT THIS MOTOR FROM AN UNCLE AND THE THING LOOKED GREAT AND IT EVEN HAD THE PAINT ON THE ORIGINAL PROP, ALMOST NO WEAR...I HAVE BEEN OUT IN THE NEW BOAT WITH THE NEW MOTOR 4 TIMES, AND UNTIL TODAY IT RAN GREAT...2-3 PUILLS AND FIRED RIGHT UP...TODAY I WAS ON THE 4-5TH PULL AND THE STEEL CORD CAM OUT OF THE THING...I TOOK IT APART TODAY WHEN I GOT HOME AND REALIZED THAT IT WOULD BE REALLY SIMPLE TO FIX...BUT I NOTICED THE SPRING THAT RECOILS THE ROPE HAD BROKE....GREEEEEEAAAAAAT. I CUSSED THE REST OF THE DAY, AND GOT RAN OFF BY THE T-STORMS....TO BEAT ALL, I HAD BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO TODAY BECAUSE MY WIFE WAS WITH ME, AND WE WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING SOME FISHING, SO I RAN THE TROLLING MOTOR AND STAYS FAIRLY CLOSE TO THE LOADING RAMP, JUST IN CASE I RAN OUT OF BATTERY....ANYWAY, THE QUESTION HERE IS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME ONE TO WORK ON THIS MOTOR AND FIX THE PULLEY, AND ALSO TUNE IT UP AND GET IT RUNNING TIP TOP, BECAUSWE I WANT TO PULL IT ONCE OR TWICE AND GO....ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....I AM ABOUT TO LOSE IT HERE GUYS :eek: :mad: ....PLEEEEZE HELP....I KNOW YOU WILL....THIS PLACE IS GREAT.OH---IF YOU HAVE PH. NUMBERS ILL TAKE THEM, OR PM ME WITH THEM IF YOU WANT....THANKS ALOT----..THANKS ALOT----EYE(TONY)

2. ripperace

ripperace Gravely / OMC worshipper

Do you know where new philadelphia is? I have a small repair shop here and do work on small engines. I would be more than happy to work on your motor. :) I'm not sure where you are located but e-mail me and we can work something out. :D
    heathisace@msn.com

3. Take It To Jimmy Carters Down On Buckeye Lake. Thers No One Any Better Than Him On Johnsons Motors

4. A lot of how successful you will be depends on how old the motor is.
    I had my Dad's 1948, 5 HP Johnson Seahorse rebuilt this winter. The mechanic worked on it during the slow winter months but I was in no hurry. Needed parts were no longer available and had to be made by hand or improvised. Motor now runs perfect. :)

5. Thanks Alot Guys...i Did Find A Man Around Buckeye Lake To Do Some Work For Me...he Fixed A Few Problems And I Was Going To Go Get It Tonight But The Storms Started So I Passed.....i Woould Like To Get It Totally Done This Winter If I Can Afford It Though....it Is In Great Shape And I Do Like It, But It Is Awfully Heavy Though...thanks Alot For The Info Guys...tony

6. ripperace

ripperace Gravely / OMC worshipper

Tony,
    What year was that outboard? Just curious.