close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Need some sort of bed Liner for Jon Boat Project!!

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by OSU_Fisherman, Aug 11, 2007.

1. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I'm almost finished with redoing my jon boat. Trailer is all painted with new hardware and bunks with some fresh steel looking wheels. The boat is getting painted from slightly below the waterline and up with paint mixed from the color code of my truck (roughly the color of the OSU Helmet Silver).

For the floor of the boat, I want some kind of truck bed liner or comparable surface that will dampen some noise and give grip. I did Herculiner on the bed of my truck and its been down for 4 years still as awesome looking as ever (and its not a city truck.... it gets firewood, gravel, sand, and a lot of other abuse). So, I know that Herculiner is a good product, BUT I dont feel like paying $80-100 to do it. I like the price of Plastikote, but it only comes in Black..... which doesn't sound like a great idea for the floor of a boat used in the sunlight. haha.

If any of you know a cheaper brand that I can get in GRAY, please let me know. I'll probably try to have something bought by Wednesday (15th of Aug.) so please suggest early.

Thanks in advance!
    Jason

2. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

try calling some of the automotive paint suppliers in your area. or even the automotive part suppliers.

3. if you can you might just wanna put in a floor with some carpet. its pretty easy to do and cheap. mine has some styrofoam underneath also to add boyance and with the floor and carpet its pretty quite! i just cut two pieces of plywood to fit in the front and back then add carpet and the plywood is kinda thin cause i didnt want the weight but the styrofoam underneath keeps it solid.

4. btw, congrats on the boat where ya goin first?

5. Walmart has duplicolor bedliner for about $40,

6. Like u said herculiner is good but is a lil expensive, but thats what id go with when i had the money.

dupicolor isnt bad either for the price.

7. Wow, that sounds good. Be sure to post pics when your done. I wanna see this.

8. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Some before and after pictures are now in my gallery. The floor of the inside of the boat is not done yet... but it will be. I'll put a couple on here of just the boat..... other's are in the gallery.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

9. Looks Really good great job, def doesnt look like the same boat, heck u should do small boat makeovers on the side. LOL