Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some suggestions on where I could catch some cats tonight or tomorrow? I don't care what size I just want to catch one. Right now as bait I have chicken liver, chubs, shrimp, nightcrawlers, and some liver imitation bait from gulp. Any help would be great. If I do go out today it wont be until 6-7 tonight and then tomorrow will be anytime.

Jake

·
Registered
16 Posts
Skizzy,

If you are in Cincy area, try the Ohio river along RT 50/River road. Caught a 20lb shovel and a 10lb channel there Tuesday night. I'm about to post the pics. Caught on cut shad. Good luck

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
Winton woods would be an ok bite down towards the dam. I'm sure you could pick up a few. Your best bet for numbers would be the hamilton dam on the GMR. Just my experience from the past. Also Cowan is a pretty good catfish lake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, I am still looking for my first cat of the year. Where exactly is the Dam on the GMR. I am not extremely far from Hamilton but its still a 25-30 minute drive. I see tons of people catching fish and posting the results on here and I would love to head out that way.

Jake

·
Registered
332 Posts
It is on river rd between the old Champion HQ building on Knightsbridge drive and the Miami U Hamilton branch campus. There is a parking lot on the east side of the river with stairs that lead down to the bike trail. You Can access the entire area from there.

I used to work for Champion and we'd fish there every day at lunch. Using curly tails on 1/8 jigs I've caught, white bass, saugeye, channel cats, shovelheads, crappie, carp, hybrids, smallmouth bass and gar. If you have a cast net it is easy to get shad along there just watch cause it's also easy to snag the net in some areas. The shad produce well on the cats(both types), chicken liver also produces well on the channel cats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with the imitation liver from Gulp? I really like the fact that it stays on the hook, but I have never gotten a bite on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is on river rd between the old Champion HQ building on Knightsbridge drive and the Miami U Hamilton branch campus. There is a parking lot on the east side of the river with stairs that lead down to the bike trail. You Can access the entire area from there.

I used to work for Champion and we'd fish there every day at lunch. Using curly tails on 1/8 jigs I've caught, white bass, saugeye, channel cats, shovelheads, crappie, carp, hybrids, smallmouth bass and gar. If you have a cast net it is easy to get shad along there just watch cause it's also easy to snag the net in some areas. The shad produce well on the cats(both types), chicken liver also produces well on the channel cats.
You aint just whistlin' dixie Mark! YEEEEEEEEEHAAAA!!!!!!!
Wess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts