close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need glass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TxTransplant, Mar 2, 2005.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I'm thinking about building a large aquarium and need some glass. Does anyone know where there is a place I can buy 1/2 inch glass cut to size? Thanx for any help!

Gene

2. Gene
    I don't know about making an aquarium but North Hill Glass on north main st in north akron has done good work for me.

3. I had to get a piece of replacement wired glass for a warehouse door in our office back in October and went to a place called:

Liberty Glass & Mirror
    1053 Grant Street, Akron, Oh 44311
    330-724-6004

This place seemed to have a lot of material warehoused at their shop, which is maybe a 1/2 mile south of I-76/I-77.

4. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Great avitar there Wormdunker69, that would be a 50 million dollar shot!

5. fish'on

fish'on Andy

I thought that someone would get a kick out of it.

6. Hey Bro,
    Its probably gonna P you off but I just gutted a building for the Akron Schools and it had a butt load of glass in it. Yep you guessed it. It all went to the landfill. I'm gonna be ordering some for the rebuild part of the project. Let me know what size you need and I'll see what kind of prices I can get. I deal with Liberty Glass sometimes and like Lil Rob said, they have a lot of stuff laying around that they would consider trash.

7. I'm pretty sure that it would need to be tempered for an aqarium

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

shamrock plastics in mt vernon can get you all shapes and sizes of plexi....dont know if you thought about plexi might me a good option