close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Need a Steering Cable

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Spike, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Mine broke. I have no idea what I need, or where to look. I looked on ebay, but the cables all looked so tiny compared to mine. Mine is like 3/4'' around. Then how do I attatch it to the steering "box" thing?

2. paco

paco

i have a cable here i believe was off of a 55 horse johnson you can have . its old but still has the steering wheel and box hooked to it . if you want it you can have it just have to pick it up .

3. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Take a look at http://www.teleflexmorse.com/Marine/default.asp?id=14

You can find cables at Boat World and at West Marine if you have one nearby. They are about $35.

What make of steering do you have? On many, the cable threads into the steering box and locks into place.

4. I have to go take mine off before I'll know what I need. I like the price on yours Paco! Where is Louisville?

I will check out the link WD, thanks.

5. paco

paco

i'm just outside of canton . this cable looks to be about 3/4 of a inch . like i said is has everything wheel and box .

6. hey spike,

have you tried this one, indy boat salvage.....i just bought a steering wheel cables and a control box and cables all for 140...not bad, and if he has any used ones he will get them to you before the new price...the number is 1888-317-6779---m-f 9-5....ask for doug....i hope this helps....tony-----oh yeh--ask for doug...tony

7. Homey

Homey OGF Parrot Head

I would go to a good boat dealer. They should be able to order the right part. Otherwise, try Cabela's or Overton's. I have hadd good luck with both of these mail order/on-line outfits.