close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need a partner for the lmr tourny

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crocodile, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I have a 14 ft canoe. I need a partner. Someone who has a truck or suv for portage perposes. PM me as soon as possible because I would really love to fish in the tourny and meet some new fisherman. Ronnie

2. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

Check with Sleprock, I think he is solo so far, also I think there were a few people interested on the other post that needed partners. Shoot out some pm's

3. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

nothing against anyone but i do prefer to fish alone on a canoe! i like meeting new people but i can be an a-hole, need people that know how to take me.!!
    nothing personal but a can't do that to a stranger. cause i do yell at my fishing partners.

still looking for someone to help w portage. i have a minivan w no rear seats, if someone wants to save gas and drive one cat or truck i can put a canoe on top and one in back and i gotta head back north. if not i f i could just get someone to take me back to launch from pullout in the morning that would be great would even pay a couple of dollars

4. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

Honesty..... I like that ha

5. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

hey ronnie check with fisherman5567...he is also looking for a partner for the lmr tourney coming up...he asked if I could go but I dont think Ill be able to make it

6. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

sorry, but im out. Not going to be able to make it all the way down to lebanon and morrow.

7. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

when is the tourney & how much is the entry fee

8. fisherman5567

it is this sat at 8am. Morrow to lebanon. 30 per boat (15$ per person) and $5 for the big fish pot.

9. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

fisherman...
    I live in Lebanon and I work in beavercreek all the time. It is only a 35 minute drive from my house to Hidy Motors....that is not REAL far, just making sure you dont want to try and make it.

10. fisherman5567

hey thanks, its an hour and a half from my house to lebanon according to google and mapquest. my partner is coming further from the north so you know.

11. Sleprock

all i am gonna say is that i know from last time there are different fish south of us(dayton xenia). my partner on the last trip cought a nice crappie and i cought a couple saugeye out of the lmr. never cought saugeye or crappie this far north on the river, cc empties out into lmr above this strech so there are chances to catch saugeye,big crappie, big drums, and i bet a musky or to have been cought down that way from time to time. thats all i am saying. plus fishman i think if you go down 42 to the 48 highway its only about 35 minutes like lmrsmallmouth said. i will help with portage and i am sure it's deeper down there than up here. i am in still even if i gotta walk from pullout to put in!!! p.s. i live in spring valley just south of xenia and i know that the river is showing lots of sandbars

12. LMRsmallmouth

Depending on where you live in beavercreek, I would go 35 to 675 south, to 48 south...all the way to south lebanon. This is the route I take when working in beavercreek. If you cant, that is understandable...I just didn't want you to think it is that far (1.5 hours)

Slep...we will get you back to your car...no worries.....do you have a roll call of participants so far?

13. Sleprock

so far all i got is you guys, muskiehunter+redtailmatt,me and i think 1bad and partner. haven't heard from anyone else.

probably would have had more up here with less fish and water go figure?

hoping to get more!!!

thanks lmr i was looking to meet ya at takeout in morning at 7:15 7:30
    gonna leave gear at put in and head to take out with just my self and truck thanks again lmr

14. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

I dont think it was a mistake to change the location. I wanted to fish this thing bad when it first started up, then I floated the stretch 2 weeks ago trying to get a feel for the water and quickly realized that the stretch of river was not going to support 4 to 6 canoes and still be productive for everyone! There are a few great holes and a lot of slower water. I know from last years tourney there is a lot of "leapfrogging" but on this stretch you would need stop lights to direct traffic!!! I am with LMR and Sleprock, I live in B-Creek and drive to that area a lot to fish and it is right around 35 min or so. Not a big deal to me. So come on people, you know you want to fish this thing. It is a blast and the weather could not be better. See yall at the put-in. Matt
    Hey LMR have you changed your cell # in the last year? I still have a number for you from that tourney. I might need it if we get lost! haha

I just wanted to add, You want to talk about a DRIVE, my partner is making the trip all the way from Sidney! I know he is looking forward to fishing a new stretch and meeting some of the guys behind the computer screen.

15. LMRsmallmouth

Same phone # matt....just buzz me if you need to. If anyone else needs my # PM me and I will hook you up.

16. Where is launch in Morrow? And pick up in Lebanon

17. Sleprock

jrohio78

check new location sign up tread has details, crocodile needs partner
    if not that tread one of the turny threads

18. Is 5 miles accurate for the distance from Morrow to S. Lebanon

19. LMRsmallmouth

It is actually more like 7 miles (just under). Takes about 6-7 hrs to float if you are fishing. It is about an hour or so longer than Ft. Ancient to morrow