Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I won't be the first to say I have gotten some great advice or tips on this site, either from responses to my posts or just ones other people have asked..problem is tho and I'll admit it I forget half of it before I get to use any of what I learned then I'm stuck flipping scrolling thru loads of old posts trying to find the answer to that tip I read three months ago... basically what I'm getting at is there a way to kind of sort or favorite or bookmark a thread in say a seperate folder or section.. so when I want to recall the thread I want I'm not stuck shifting thru every thread after?.. I primarily use the ohub app..there's a favorite section but its no different then my participated by what I've seen..shows the same thread.. which in my opiniin is silly since saying "nice catch" hardly merits it being favorite thread for me..lol. anyways if anyone know if this feature exists or not please help!!!.. and if its the latter then its a function I hope soon to see!! Nudge nudge admins nudge haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Siskie tried before to subscribe them but ive only noticed them pop up in my participated section...
Also a word doc would be nice but I view this site mobile on my s3 using the ohub app... sure I can copy and past into. Note pad...but its a hassle lol...oh well thanks anyhow guys!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
The iPad and Android apps have a separate tab section for favorites, with sub-cats for forums and topics. Subscribed threads show up under topics. If you have posted in those threads, they will also show up in participated threads, however, subscribed threads you have not posted in will not show up in the participated list.

HTH.

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
if you get google chrome for your phone and computer you can sync bookmarks...so bookmark the thread you want, and it will automatically be populated on your phone's chrome bookmark list

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I primarily use the ohub app..there's a favorite section but its no different then my participated by what I've seen..shows the same thread.. which in my opiniin is silly since saying "nice catch" hardly merits it being favorite thread for me..lol.
There is an "automatic subscribe on reply" feature that might be enabled. On a computer, go under User CP, then click "Edit Options" under "Settings and Options", and change the default thread subscription mode to "Do not subscribe."

The pic is kinda small, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks guys looks like I need to just play with it till I get it how I want it.. appreciate the tips!

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
To expand on this a bit, the "Search" feature for this site absolutely is worthless-IMO. You use two words together, you get 1000 threads with either one but not usually both words together which you used for the search topic. I am batting maybe 25% success using the Search feature(if that). Half the time, it tells me "Nothing Found" and to try other subjects, or more details to search on! I admit, I am quite computer illiterate but I'm an older guy and this should be easier to use.

·
Premium Member
10,814 Posts
To expand on this a bit, the "Search" feature for this site absolutely is worthless-IMO. You use two words together, you get 1000 threads with either one but not usually both words together which you used for the search topic. I am batting maybe 25% success using the Search feature(if that). Half the time, it tells me "Nothing Found" and to try other subjects, or more details to search on! I admit, I am quite computer illiterate but I'm an older guy and this should be easier to use.
Do a search on how to use the advanced search function:D

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Just use google and type
Code:
site:ohiogamefishing.com
(no spaces) in the search bar as well as your search terms. Piece o cake.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So for once I'm actually on OGF thru the actual site and not the OHUB app I see the all the stuff you guys mentioned. however on a side note just incase any trolling admins wanted to spice up the search a little im gonna throw this out there. Alright firstly I like to try and atleast do a search on topics before I post to rather rehash threads then repeat topics. however im just saying some feature to kind of sort the list to say like ones with most replys would be nice. especially on a topic of say "solunar" it would be nice to be able to quickly see hey right here at the top is a thread with 37 posts maybe there might be some good info instead of shifting thru one two post threads to find finally one with a good discussion 4 pages into the inquiry.. I don't know if what I said makes since, typing while watching tv is uber distracting right now. Dang Big bang Theory! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts