Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24 to 45 FOW out of Vermillion. Lots of boats perching only a handful I could see even trying to troll..........:confused:

·
2,419 Posts
I was perching on Saturday and heard a couple of guys on ch79 talking like they were getting eyes. But they were being very careful not to give away where they were fishing. Sounded like they were in 40 to 44 FOW but that is not a whole lot of help. One guy sounded like he was straight north of Lorain, another like he was north of Huron & a third on the west side of the sandbar. All spots I intend to explore next week if the weather holds up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I trolled west of the Huron river today, covered a lot of area only caught white bass. Weather looks decent for tomorrow morning, might try it again somewhere else, dunno where yet.

I've had little success with perch around Huron the last few days. 18 hrs fished 15 yellow perch. Lots of wp, wb, and sheep

·
Registered
927 Posts
I know where they are but I've only catching a couple per trip yet. The tournament could be tough if these fish don't start cooperating soon. Hopefully I can post a winning program for you guys Saturday but it is a really tough field we are competing against so its not likely.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
589 Posts
Friday we trolled 29 line from beaver to 22 line west. Good marks suspended 35ft but no takers. Not-a-one junk fish either. Sure they're out there, we'll see this weekend//.

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,172 Posts
Keep at it! The fish our there and will bite. We got 15 once we figured them out, on Saturday. Will post all information after the tournament on Sat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks fishhogg I am going to Huron on the Monday after the tournament any info would be greatly appreciated thank again.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
sunday and Monday you will have a lot of info to go off of for sure loose lips sink ships !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the same marks at 35'. The graph was off the charts but no takers. I made the big mistake of not taking any meat on the advice that stick baits would be hot. I really wanted to make the switch to harnesses but was running out of time and had no bait. Maybe that will work but since I'm not in the Tournament or "in the know" I will wait until Monday to even think about Walleye Fishing again. Good Luck you all of you in the Tourn this weekend.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We picked up 4 nice eyes NE of Kelleys Saturday while breaking in the new boat. All on dipseys/spoons. Nothing on cranks or boards. Lots of trash fish. Had we fished longer I believe we would have improved on that quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Get some Gulp worms and keep them in the boat. When you get out like that put a gulp worm on the harness same as a crawler. Seed days were they worked pretty good. Took my biggest eye at the time using a Berkley 3 inch grub on a crawler harness

1 - 13 of 13 Posts