I know this has been asked before.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WB185Ranger, Apr 20, 2008.

1. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

But what do I have to do to attach a picture to a thread? When I try and do it, it says that the picutre is to big. Thanks :) WB

2. WB- I use paint shop pro to do my pictures, you will need to resize them so they will be accepted by the size limits of the server.

I make a copy of the pic then resize that with PSP to post on here that way I have the originals-

If you don't have any kind of photo shop program I think you can edit it in windows picture viewer

3. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I use photobucket.com. Open an account, its free. Start an album. They resize your pictures for you. When i want to put a pic in a thread, i hold ctrl and click c,on the picture in my album to copy it and when i get back to my post, i hold the ctrl and push the v, and it drops it in the post. I have to change the capital IMG to img and the picture will show up. To do this whole process i have to have 2 windows open. One with the photobucket album and the other with the post. Piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

4. WB185Ranger

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll see if I can get it to work! :) WB

5. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

why dont one of the staff members make a stickie post in the Lounge forum giving step by step directions on how to post pictures and then have some suggestions as far as other hosting sites where you can post pics (photobucket, imageshack, etc...) and then how to go along doing it that way...

just what I think, because I see a lot of people, not on here so much, but other sites especially where its members are asking how to... I think it would be beneficial, just a thought

6. It actually is already there.;) There is a sticky in the OGF New and Events. I am not sure why that is the only place that it is stuck but here is a link to it.

How to post or upload an image or picture aka. Picture Tutorial Post

7. Here is the pic resized...was going to email it back but wanted to make sure it would work. If you right click on the picture and go to properties it will give you the size for future pics...they actually do vary depending on resolution.

now, what's the story on this catch?? :)

Attached Files:

8. WB185Ranger

I finally got it to work and I put it in a thread in the lounge, thanks for all your help! My hubby was fishing a Rattle Trap and hooked into this. When he was reeling it in, with the weight of it, he thought he had a fish at first, I've never seen one so big. Would you guys call it a mussel? :) WB

9. Nice catch!!:D:p I guess it is actually in the mussel family. I just refer to them as freshwater clams.