Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just for planning purposes, who would be up for a few days in Erie,PA next February on an OGF Ice Fishing Extravaganza??? I'm thinking of putting together a three day trip up there, let's say a Thursday, Friday, Saturday thing. We could book a bunch of rooms at the El Patio Motel and have a great time with some unbelievable fishing. I'd like to do it later in February, as the ice will be safe, no doubt, and the perch should be moving in and hungry. Could be a great event for those of you that want to experience ice fishing and those of us who LOVE IT.

Anyway, just thought I'd run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes....

Carl

·
Registered
897 Posts
COUNT ME IN FOR SURE!!!!!!
George

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Big Daddy,
Count me in ! I'm already counting the days !

Krustydawg

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just know that Tuesdays is ALL YOU CAN EAT WINGS at Quaker Steak and Lube for 11 bucks, and there's one right acrossed the street from the FREAKIN' motel!!! Last February, Bigggcountry and I split 90 wings between us, plus fries, and "several"(I use that term loosely)adult beverages :rolleyes: to wash them down. But I'll ask, early week? As in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? Or late week, as in Thursday, Friday, Saturday?? Open to suggestions....

Carl

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would love to go. Ever since talking to geowol a few months ago at Deer Creek i've been wanting to go ice fishing up there. I'm going to Niagara Falls in a few weeks and we are going to stop by and check out Preaque Isle.

·
Alaska Grayling
119 Posts
I'd love to go, just got my FL-18 ultra pack and can't wait to try it on ice.

Thur. Fri. Sat. is better for me.

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
You know, all the Hard Water guys can get together and come up with a bunch of old float tubes. Attach them to a shanty and Carl ( Big Daddy) and get an early start now !!!!

Carl, only You to be thinking of ice fishing on Mamorail Day Weekend !!

I love it.....

JimG

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim, I'm going through Presque Isle ice withdrawl!!! Though, the big bull gills I caught today at Nimisila with my son will keep me moderately sane for awhile. ;)

I think I need some Erie perch fishing too!! If anyone has room on their boat, I'm taking this coming Thursday off. hint hint

Carl

·
Fishin Fool!
594 Posts
Count me in Big Daddy.....Fri Sat and Sun for me! Man I still haven't stopped talking bout that place! What a blast!

Gene

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
me and the ice machine are in for sure!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I'm going to reserve a whole week vacation for the outing next year. I take a week and go to ky lake every spring. This will be my first ice fishing vacation. Let me know the dates as soon as possible. :D

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK. I'll look at it and post some dates so we can plan...

Carl

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hows it going Big Daddy, 1st post on this site. Been thinking about the hard water myself. Will definitely look forward to seeing you guys again. Working with a guy from Erie PA this year, Said that he has some friends who fish the "city side" for perch. Will pass the info along when the ice and fish arrive.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Just kiddin'. This could be another unforgettable trip. I have played softball in February, but never have I fished in Feb. Never ice fished before....sounds like I have a good a reason to go. Definately I am in!

I would like to challenge the claim that someone ate 45 wings. Only two guys I know that could be possibles. True story?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts