close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I just got horny.....

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by catfish_hunter, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Chubs that is....Cant wait to use them they are definately some good big baits...Hopefully the cats think at as well.. :D

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You'll get lots of views on this topic........

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I put one on the line a few weeks ago, Flathunter couldnt beleive how active that thing was (neither could I) I wish I could get more of them, but our creek has more of the reg old chubs.

4. Yeah I think they are the best bait for big cats myself...about a 4-7 or more inch one they catch the big ones in the Tusc...

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

"Horny" chubs and "regular" chubs are basically the same thing. What your seeing are called tubricles. Some cyprinid's get them, even fathead minnows. The males get them during spawning season :)

6. yeah alot of minnows get them, Ive even seen baby suckers with them...

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Regular english please! :D

All I know or even care to know is that this year the "horny heads" have been much bigger & much more active. I've probally caught 300 minnows from our creek this year. Most are small w/ Red & Yellow bellies, those never get very big, but the ones w/ the "horns" are 5 times bigger & much more active. I wish I had some pics but the ones I'm talkign about are very obviously different from each other.

8. yeah I think they are alot bigger this year and they are kickin ass on the cats too....

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Well there really is a differnce, as in two different species, but what your seeing occurs in alot of the cyprinid males :)