Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really, but another big fish gets away...

Big buckketmouth...probably 5lbs+, does a little dance with a touch of head shake, just enough to let me see that he can fit my dog's head in his mouth, buries itself in 14lbs of weeds, never to be seen again. That's 3 times in the past 2 weeks...at least it was a different lake this time!#

Tough season with a lot of big fish losses thus far.

I also saw a snapping turtle that looked like a small dinosaur at dusk!

Pictures of an unidentified snake to be uploaded later today too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have no idea what or how you are fishing but:

When fishing weeds a Med/Heavy rod with 20lb SpiderWire Invisibraid works wonders. Keep the line tight and muscle the fish to keep it from plunging into the weeds.

If you explain what and how you are fishing I could probably offer you some more advice. When it gets to the point where a person is losing that many big fish one needs to go back to the drawing board and figure out what they are doing wrong. Sometimes it's something simple that can make all the difference!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not really, but another big fish gets away...

Big buckketmouth...probably 5lbs+, does a little dance with a touch of head shake, just enough to let me see that he can fit my dog's head in his mouth, buries itself in 14lbs of weeds, never to be seen again. That's 3 times in the past 2 weeks...at least it was a different lake this time!#

Tough season with a lot of big fish losses thus far.

I also saw a snapping turtle that looked like a small dinosaur at dusk!

Pictures of an unidentified snake to be uploaded later today too...
I can live with the ones that throw the hook somehow under water (although that still sucks) but it is so much worse when you get a good look at the fish, and then you loose it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts