close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I got tagged

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, Oct 4, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

[​IMG]
    Got tagged Sat/Sun overnight, makes it tough to see when I was on my way to church this morning. Good thing is that's all they did to me, they tagged the corner store & a For Sale sign on the neighbor's house. Some peep's kids, eh? :eek:

2. So is this some kind of a new teenage thrill game? I have never heard the term. And is the paint permanent? And also, what in the heck does it say?:rolleyes:

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Tagging isn't new, it's been around for a while now. It used to be refered to as, "graffiti". Kids now days think it's an art. Heck, there's even magazine's on the market that caters to it...how to, where to and style of tagging. I'm sure you've seen this crap on overpasses, abuttments and the like. It's a big problem in metropolitian areas just for the sheer expense of removing it. It amounts to vandalism and if the person doing it is caught they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. :mad:

4. You are right. I have seen the "graffiti" on bridges and buildings. I did not know they made an art :rolleyes: of it on vehicles as well. I also believe they should be prosecuted hard.

5. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

6. what ever they call it, P's me off. I have a property that I've been trying to sell that seems to be a canvas for these idiots. Luckly I am able to paint over it. But it is a ritual. Each and every week. I get letters from the city about removeing it. It happens so often that it looks like I haven't tried to correct it. I think there should be a bounty offered to the public when they turn these a-holes in. ART FORM, yea right! It's just disregard for their fellow human beings. They need their butts blistered. And so do their parents for not instilling values in them.

7. theirs nothing worse than a lazy parent that does not care what their kid is doing

8. Hook N Book

FishnJoe,
    Me thinks a strategically placed camera would solve your problem. You know the kind that's used for spotting game in potential hunting spots. :D

9. JV1

JV1

My 2 cents ..... if that truch were mine ... I would re-paint it shiny white ... maybe even high gloss... something to catch the "gang bangers" eyes.... then I would camp in the back and when they "tagged" as you say the truck I would POP out with a ball bat and beat the living snot of of them.... near fatal......... then I would DYE their faces with something that would take months to remove..... Its not my truck and I dont know you.... But Im MAD looking at it..... to think it's a normal part of society for someone to take a paint can and deystroy another mans property is just wrong........ If someone did that to me I would spend night and day thinking of a plan to catch them in the act, I would not be able to sleep until revenge was served , I would catch them , BEAT them , perhaps even let my dogs have a go at them.... then paint them... and perhaps let the law have them. Thank god I dont live in a METRO area for I would end up in prison. I hope you get your truck back to normal and I hope that never happens to you again. If someone did that in my driveway there is no question about it I would unload my 12 gauge with 6 rock salt shells into their EYES ...... man that makes me mad . 1 thing is for sure... who ever did it will never have anything of value (like your truck) ..... GOOD LUCK

10. catking

catking Banned

What gets me is when they paint things that are natural , such as rock formations in State Parks and such. I believe that paint on your truck says " JimmydaCat" :cool: .DA KING !!!

11. mrfishohio

I did pick up some wally world $1.00 a can paint on the way home from church, repainted over the panel that was defaced. Went out Monday and someone (in different handwriting) had written in blue magic marker..Busch '04
    Hardly noticible....
    Anyway, haven't checked it yet today(Tuesday) I keep it parked where I can see it, with the back of it under a streetlight. Have parked there for years, have owned a box truck alot of years(17?), this was the 1st incident.
    I've thought of some senarios, but most any of them would land me in jail, could you imagine the judge & media....you beat a 16 yr old with a bat for expressing his articic talent?

12. mrfishohio

I was thinking, I might write on it myself. A message saying "I have a gun and know how to use it, back away from this truck !"

13. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

IT SAYS:

"I am an idiot punk who knows how to use a paint can. I think only of myself. I have no real job and make no real contribution to society. I am a leech and a detriment to the well being of my community."

14. Hook N Book

mrfishohio,
    That's funny...LOL...that could be a good physcological deterent though. You never know, that could be enough to get their attention. It's a good thing you recognize that any physical action towards one of these kids could have serious consequences. These aren't necessarily bad inter-city kids...they're from middle and upper-income backgrounds (urban, surbuban or rural, it doesn't matter) and they don't really realize nor care about the impact of the damage they're actually causing. One thing to be suspicious of is kids wearing backpacks that aren't going to/from school (not saying all kids here). Ask some of the younger kids around the neigborhood if they know of any taggers...you may get some good feedback. Taggers' love their backpacks and oversize jackets and coats to conseal the paint cans...okay, okay that discribes today's typical teenager. :D

15. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Thats kinda messed up that you guys think it's automatically kids that are doing this and that they "gang bangers" . nothing like innocent untill proven guilty, right?
    It is a shame that it happened mr.fish....I truly hope you find the individual that did this. make sure to tell them to stick to highway overpasses.

16. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Jim, you better be checking out the local nursing homes and looking for 90 year old vandals...Since kids never do anything wrong :D

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

all i'm saying is that is not un reasonable to include a 18-30yr old as a suspect? are they not capable? I never said
    I just said it was unfair to only think a kid was capable. I hope no one gets killed over this.

18. Hook N Book

Johnboy,
    You're right, 18-30 year olds are certainly capable and no doubt take part in tagging. However, 18-30 year olds can still be considered kids in comparison to my age. :D

Gangbangers is a whole different story! Though the two could very well be one in the same, I don't think all taggers are gangbangers or visversa.

19. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

thank you. finally some one understands!!!!!!some times I forget how old you guys really are :D :D :D

20. Hook N Book

Ouch! :eek: Man, I tell ya! Let your guard down for one moment around here, and bang! You're blindsided. :D