Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bonus check came and Cabelas ran a free shipping promo on rod & reel combos starting on the same day. So... I ordered the Three Forks / Prestige 3wt combo with line backing and leader for $79.99 plus tax. It wasn't one of my 3 original options but I like my Cabelas 8wt and I just couldn't bring myself to spend almost $300 on the Orvis rig.

It casts nice in the yard so I'll have to get it out on the water this week. Looking forward to tangling with some bluegill!

·
El Fly Guy
1,846 Posts
Once you fish the 3wt, you may never fish the 8wt again. :D

I don't think you can go wrong with Cabelas.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be right. The 8wt will likely become a Steelhead/Pike rig and the 3wt and 5wt will be in the dual rod holder. I'm not getting any 8lb bass around here anyway.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have the Three Forks but in an 8wt, and for $60(or whatever it was) it's good rod. Heard good things about the 3wt too. Good luck with your new rig!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Best rod going for the money!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thank you for posting. I've been looking to get a lighter rod myself and this fit in the budget so I went ahead and ordered one today. It should make all those smaller creek fish a whole lot more fun!

·
Team NuCanoe
527 Posts
I put my 3 forks up for sale to include a 4wt and 8wt on the market but now I am thinking about keeping the 3wt after all this forum talk! :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless the boss (wife) says you have to get rid of it to get a new rod, I'd keep it. The more I get into fishing the more sense it makes to keep rods and reels even after upgrading. I totally understand budgets though.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I put my 3 forks up for sale to include a 4wt and 8wt on the market but now I am thinking about keeping the 3wt after all this forum talk! :)
Tried to tell ya that! LOL

I been there and man I wished I still had all the 0-3wts still my fishing room so that I know I still have it. :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You got rid of your 0-3wts? :confused: You must be a deep sea fisherman. :D
LOL! No just wanted to try other rods out and with limited funds I had to part with some to gain another so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts